In Denver for a day, confluence vs. clear creek - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 07-02-2007   #1

Seattle, Washington
In Denver for a day, confluence vs. clear creek

i'm sure this thread has been done before, but i couldn't find it in the search. i'm a paddler from WA and am in Denver for a day (the 10th). Fortunately my meeting isn't till 4 PM, so I've got the better part of a day to kill. I am looking for a little P'n'P -- Confluence is right next to my hotel, but clear creek looked like a little less... unhealthy. What's the beta on both-- quality of the features and the flows this time of year?

fromseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2007   #2

Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Golden will be nice at this level, but always more crowded and prolly a little attitude. The 20th street/Skatepark Wave at Connie is awesome at this level. Either will be fun, but watch the flows.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007   #3

Seattle, Washington
thanks-- what are the best levels for Golden? and attitude what?? CO paddlers don't like WA boats throwing down on their rivers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2007   #4

Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
More is better at Golden, period. Just go to James' Wave, the most upstream feature. Library wave when you want a change of pace, but I find James' more fun.

Skatepark Wave will change if the water goes up or down, getting harder to get onto. 1000 is primo.

There will be water in both places when you're here. Choose between the heavy metals in CC or the treated effluent and dog poop in the SP.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007   #5

Seattle, Washington
awesome, thanks for the beta.
Old 07-03-2007   #6

Golden.

COUNT
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote