As you may be aware, a Master Plan is being developed for the Clear Creek Corridor.What’s interesting is that a lot of feedback has been obtained from the trailer park, community gardens, ball fields, and other advocates. Very few comments from the boating community. What I’m learning in this process is vocal advocates get the improvements they would like, being silent and you might not like the improvements.
If you are interested in seeing improvements for boating, such as the inflatable drop structure, boaters need to be vocal. Other issues that are being discussed are parking, creek access, tubers, and whether or not to keep the pond.
- A plan to get rid of the pond and add an off river water feature
- Move parking, possibly getting rid of the current parking lot and having the parking by the Public works building
- Developing a secondary boaters loop by the Washington St bridge
- Challenges with use between boaters, tubers and fisherman
- Adjustable feature!!!
I’m sending this to you and asking you to spread the word! There are two ways to make comments,
1) Go to the website, Clear Creek Corridor Master Plan
, and leave a comment.
2) Attend the public meeting, Tuesday August 24, 5:30-7:30 at the Golden Community Center.