immersion - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-16-2011   #1

Sheboygan falls, Wisconsin
Paddling Since: 2010
immersion

As I am getting more and more addicted to the kayaking life I want more. How do people take the next step in making their life revolve more around kayaking than other things? I want to know what steps I should consider taking and how other people have done it.

Jereyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2011   #2

Medford, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1990
1. Work hard, play hard.
2. Work less, play more.
3. Become a guide.
4. Work in the industry.
5. Use all your sick days.
Ladderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011   #3

The Bitterroot, Montana
Leave your spouse, shoot heroin, get tattoos, kill a random kitten and worship Saten. Oh, and masterbait to videos of donkeys having their way with a watermelon. This is only the start of your training young Jedi.
montuckyhuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2011   #4

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Forsake girlfriends, kids, and current and/or future spouse for the sake of boating.
stubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011   #5

hutchinson, Kansas
Paddling Since: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by montuckyhuck
Leave your spouse, shoot heroin, get tattoos, kill a random kitten and worship Saten. Oh, and masterbait to videos of donkeys having their way with a watermelon. This is only the start of your training young Jedi.
That shots funny. Sounds like im well on my way lol
shonuffkayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011   #6

dillon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Get a job waiting tables so you can spend every day boating and suffering from a debilitating gear addiction. Then once you get tired of it all or break a shoulder, start riverboarding so you can spend your entire time as close to the water as possible. Or if you never tire and don't get too injured, start a nice biking and/or climbing habit so you have something to obsess about when the rivers aren't flowing.
Then you can feed you growing gear addiction, find a S/O who is also spiraling down the drain of physical fulfillment, and you guys can go ride off into the sunset accomplishing what both your parents will think is some sort of suicidal rage against "normal" life. This will probably result in them asking you at every opportunity why you just can't "get married and have kids like a normal couple" and "why did you even get that degree if you're not using it". Have fun!
chepora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011   #7

North Bend, Washington
Paddling Since: 2009
Ha! My spouse thought that would work- to get me involved so he could boat more. Now I'M the one that is dying to get out and get on the water and he's bewildered why I'm more wrapped up in it than he is.....

Careful for what you wish for- you just might get it. lol
Kendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011   #8

x, x
Paddling Since: x
get a van, work nights at a dead end job, learn how to pull your own teeth, know where the rec centers are. beg for money on the side of the highway. move to east vail. become indigent, you will need a card.
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote