I'm willing to place a wager. - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-31-2013   #1

I'm willing to place a wager.

Somos del Rio

The idea came from a little chat on FaceF*%$ about our upcoming trip.

Me:chile bitch

Other crew member: Fuck yea mang. Booked my ticket last week!
stoked

Me: yea (rap term) yea
bring me down some old clothes that are still sweet/rad that you don't want. shwag if you will. also a couple of cans of copenhagen
oh yea, how's it going. sorry I've been in the 3rd world for a while

Other crew member: ha!! on it! life's good

Me: so fuckin' pumped for this trip.

Other crew member: when was the last time you paddled??

Me: when was the last time you got laid?

Other (lying) crew memeber: 3 nights ago

Me: Its been a little longer than that since I've boated, 4 years, but I drink heavily and smoke a lotta cigs, no problem.

Other crew member: yes!! shouldn't be a problem, rumor has it you're bringing your glider setup??

Me: I've been on a very strict regiment over the last four years, and I've ramped it up over the last month or so. I'm up to 2 bottles of rum and 4 packs or Marlboros, THE REDS. And yes I'm bringing my glider because I'm terrified of kayaks. I can't wait to see my boof though, I'm pretty sure it's better than Evan's by now. He has 2 kids for [email protected]$ sakes, and Life lives in Seattle with Todd Gillman drinking lattes and surfing with 700ml wetsuits. I like my chances.

That's when it hit me. A good ol' fashion Mountainbuzz wager. Something to give all you zombies in your cubicles something to live for.

Evan Stafford, Life Embertoson (you probably know his Mom), and Lotsawater are going to Chile to help Evan with his movie. Yes there will be some boating involved and yes I have invited the lovely Mrs. Embertson.

I'm willing to bet that I will win the icecream game, check guidebook for Ice Cream Rules. I'm willing to bet one shaved eyebrow, one shaved leg and you have to grow a mustache for 1 month (no freestyle). and the photo evidence posted on facebook/mountainbuzz.

I wonder if Life or Evan has the sand to take a bet like that.

Further I would like to start a contest amongst buzzards by taking guesess about the total number of swims from the entire team, and each individual team member.

Example: Total swims:400 Life:396 Evan:4 Lotsawatero the fu#@ing math

I live in a beach town in Canoa Ecuador: The winner of the contest will recieve a 1 week stay at the luxurious Coconut Hotel "Right on the fawking beach" and a $200 tab at my bar: The Surf Shak Surf Shak Canoa Ecuador You can come down and stay at the beach in a great hotel with a healthy bar tab. Get out of the cold. Plane tickes are cheap

The only catch....there's always a catch. We need a little more support to raise some funds with the trip. As you may have seen we are trying to raise $11k for the trip and we are 1/2 way there. Thank you to everybody who has helped and thank you in advance for the people that plan on helping.

It's a great project, and everybody wants to see Life with a mustach and a shaved leg, eyebrow. Especially his wife.

So go to the website: Somos del Rio - A documentary film | Community Funded

Buy yourself a gift for your donation.

Let the betting commence.

Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013   #2

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I wish you luck with fund raising for your trip and winning the ice cream wager, but if I am funding someone's paddling trip to South America, it will be my own.
lmyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #3

Imyers--I think you're missing the point, like you miss your boof. We are going down to Chile to make a movie in the hopes of raising awareness about the consequences of this type of hydroelectric project. Yes we will be doing some paddling however that is not the focus. Thank you for your input and good luck on your funding your paddling trip.
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsawater View Post
Imyers--I think you're missing the point, like you miss your boof. We are going down to Chile to make a movie in the hopes of raising awareness about the consequences of this type of hydroelectric project. Yes we will be doing some paddling however that is not the focus. Thank you for your input and good luck on your funding your paddling trip.

May I suggest you make your request for funding a bit more serious. Even that dude who biked around Colorado paddling and swimming class 3 and banging peoples sisters each night took a somewhat serious approach to his fundraising.
nemi west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #5
Cpt. No Scout

In a Van, Down By the River
Paddling Since: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemi west View Post
May I suggest you make your request for funding a bit more serious.

Agreed.
idahofloater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #6

That's what happens when you move to Ecuador and start swimming out of surf kayaks, people don't appreciate your personality anymore. The Buzz has changed in the past 4 years, more rafters, more snobs, less jokes about Leif's mom, less fun.

I would try to make a guess at the swim count but it's hard to predict because I don't know if you will hike back up and re-swim any rapids trying for redemption.

Only one problem with the ice cream game rules; it's intended for creeks not big water. You should base your shaved body parts on the swim count, even though Evan seems to struggle with his roll in his old age so his number of rolls and swims will probably be the same.

In seriousness, I think the approach being taken for awareness part of this trip is different than you normally see out of the boating community in a good way. If you haven't already watch the trailer for the trip and go to the website and watch it and read what the trip goals are. Don't be turned off because lotsa is trying a different approach to get people to see what this trip is about. The website also has a break down of where donations to this trip will be used for those who believe they are just trying to get you to pay for their kayaking trip.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #7

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
That's just oldschool mountainbuzz style...he has been in a serious relationship with that blow up doll for years....ought to marry it already..bring up another serious issue about people 's right to marry stuff...that would make him his friend 's stepdad right?...he used to run with a buzzard called. Yourrealdad I think....

Seriously, there seems to be a serious side to this, and Evan a very capable guy....see WWOSR.

Nemi, What thread is that? sounds funny...
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #8

"The Buzz has changed in the past 4 years, more rafters, more snobs, less jokes about Leif's mom, less fun."

That is GOD Damn shame.

But we don't have to let a couple of D-BAG rafters/snobs/boulderites/Idahoians spoil the fun. This is going to be an interesting turn out when I send in the video of Evan shaving Life's legs.
Old 02-01-2013   #9

https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f...osts-5587.html

I know most of the guys making salty comments are either not old enough or do not remember the legend of Chunderboy. Take a deep breath and don't take yourself so seriously.

That's when the Buzz, was the buzz. However I won't let a couple of nay-sayers get the last word, I promise.
Old 02-01-2013   #10

Teacher, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Fuck yeah lotsaswimmin. Its good to see they have computers on the beach! Your words of wisdom have been missed. Does my $100 bucks I already put down get me in this pool? If so please put me down for you swimmin more then the fish you once boofed out of the lower narrows on a particularly large airplane boof. (the only one I remember you ever hitting)
Nemi.. you are just jealous my sister passed up you for yourrealdad. Now donate some of that private jet flying money! Oh and come visit me in Germany.
boof512 is offline   Reply With Quote