IM NEW TO THIS COMPUTER CHAT - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-25-2012   #1

alliance, Nebraska
Paddling Since: 2002
IM NEW TO THIS COMPUTER CHAT

man i hope i chose the right thread. i guess im 23 and ive been boating since i was ten thanks to my outdoor adventerous padre who did all his boating in the late 80s early 90s with a dancer anyhew, when i was 15 i got in a terrible car accident needless to say i had to re learn to walk and talk all over again the year after i was released from the hospital my dad had me in a boat out on pumphouse i could barely walk but i was kayaking again. too be honest i was terrified of drowning then one day i wasnt afraid of water anymore in all reality i felt like i was one witthe water after i graduated i was in colorado almost every weekend fr the next 4 years i fell in love with the water and the mountains it was a second home to me. i did all that in a riot booster i could barely roll and i took purty gnarley chances in having to swim certain places so i bought a blisstick mac1 that i could roll 90% of the time i used it one summer and got in some law trouble in 08 and moved from geneva nebraska to alliance nebraska for drug treatment then stayed once i got out met the love of my life and had a kid ive been so busy raising a family that ive boated about 4 times in three years. ive decided its time to continue with my passion only problem is i dont know anyone to go with and my dads getting up there in years so i guess after i told my life story what i trying to say is there anyone close that wants to go boating

aarokayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2012   #2

Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
Here's the first rule of interwebs.

ALWAYS USE CAPS TO DRIVE YOUR POINT HOME!
slavetotheflyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #3

alliance, Nebraska
Paddling Since: 2002
thanks man ill remember that
aarokayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2012   #4

Unincorporated Douglas County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
The first thing you will find on Mountainbuzz is that as a newby, people are going to mess with you.
From what I know of slavetotherod from his posts, he's a good guy, but using all caps means you are yelling at whoever.
The next thing is, someone is going to give you a hard time for not using caps and proper punctuation.
There are a lot of good people and good info on the buzz, but sometime you have to wade through a little crap.
Old 03-25-2012   #5

Pugetopolis, Washington
Paddling Since: 96
Holy run-on sentence.

BarryDingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #6

Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
I was just joking with you, and apparently you either picked up on that or aren't the type to get your trousers in a twist over a little tongue in cheek comment.

In any case welcome to the Buzz.

-Slave
slavetotheflyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #7

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Welcome to mb! Where do you live in Colorado so I know if I'm close by,
Sarge6531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #8
gh

pnw, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhyman View Post
The first thing you will find on Mountainbuzz is that as a newby, people are going to mess with you.
From what I know of slavetotherod from his posts, he's a good guy, but using all caps means you are yelling at whoever.
The next thing is, someone is going to give you a hard time for not using caps and proper punctuation.
There are a lot of good people and good info on the buzz, but sometime you have to wade through a little crap.
Shouldn't that be WHOMever?