Mountain Buzz banner

ideas on multi-day trip ideas in august

Tags
august
3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Andy H. 
#1 ·
a buddy of mine is buying a raft, and we have been talking about taking our ladies out on a mellow multi-day trip in mid-august (II-III occasional IV is OK too).... no more than 6 days... but at least 3 or 4....

any suggestions?? could be in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming or idaho... obviously, we don't have any permits... but i was looking at desolation, and it looks like there are dates available... other ideas / opinions

I'm starting school at csu on the 20th... so i don't want to venture too far from colorado...

much appreciated,

yods

#2 ·
Maybe something on the Green like Red Canyon down to Gates of Ladore.

Ruby Horsethief can be stretched out to how ever many days you want.

Maybe the Gunny Gorge and get the guy with the horses to haul your gear down. That can be a fun multi day trip. I'm guessing it would have the fewest people to run into.

Last resort.........set up camp in Browns Canyon and do laps.

#3 ·
You can do a few days on the Upper C, or you could go out to the desert and run from Loma, Westy, or Cisco down to Moab. You could launch at Stone Bridge and float to the Gorge, or you could put in at the Fractions and float to/through the Gorge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.