Idaho Aug 8-11 ish - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-07-2015   #1

Charlotte, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 2006
Idaho Aug 8-11 ish

I am passing through the Boise area this weekend on my way from NC to Seattle. Should get into town tonight (Fri Aug 7) Have a playboat and Creek boat with me.

What runs this time of year? Looking for class 3-4 play run to paddle with the wife and potentially to find someone to set shuttle with and something 4-5 if I could hook up with a crew one day myself.

Don't really do park n play.

Any suggestions? Other sites to check out, etc? We have Leland's North American guidebook and have done a little internet searching and it looks like the Payette, Snake, and Salmon are still running?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Clinton
8 two 8 three three 7 0 two four 3
cbkoontz at gmail

ckoontz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2015   #2

boizee, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1984
The payettes are about the only game in town right now. You could easily meet your criteria for a few days. Sf staircase run, sf canyon, and whatever nf action you want (be judicious). Or kick back and chill on the Main or Cabarton.
boicatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boicatr View Post
The payettes are about the only game in town right now. You could easily meet your criteria for a few days. Sf staircase run, sf canyon, and whatever nf action you want (be judicious). Or kick back and chill on the Main or Cabarton.
Sounds great thanks!

Would definitely like to get on the N Fork one day if it works out but its not something I HAVE to do.

And would definitely enjoy a chill run or two as well with some hot springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2015   #4

Blarney, Iowa
In Boise you could go to the WW park on Sat, but if that's not your thing, then it's pretty much just the Payettes.

The Main is a good Class III; Staircase is a good class IV. Plenty of people up there boating the NF all weekend.
Anchorless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015   #5

We had a blast this weekend! Got on SF Canyon complete with hot spring stop, staircase, main, and I got a bottom 5 lap in Sunday afternoon which was 5 miles of perma-grin followed by my arms letting me know I'm out of shape for paddling big continuous water like that. I guess the mountain bike needs a rest before I come back.