I like to wave at the jet boats - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-24-2011   #1

I like to wave at the jet boats

I like to wave at the jet boats from the groover.

farp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2011   #2

Bazzaro, Free
Paddling Since: 2020
I like to use jet boats as a groover!
dirtbagkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbagkayaker View Post
I like to use jet boats as a groover!

Well played.
farp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2011   #4

Newberg, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1981
It's ok to wave at jet boats when your grooven, just don't moon them.I heard a great story about some guys who did! Jail,fines ect.
jpbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #5

Summit County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Sounds like someone mooned the ranger in a jet boat?
Old 10-25-2011   #6

Eugene, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbay View Post
It's ok to wave at jet boats when your grooven, just don't moon them.I heard a great story about some guys who did! Jail,fines ect.
Serious? Where was this?
willieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #7

Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Yep leave your ass on the groover had a friend just go through the legal system from an incident on the rogue. After that I don't think I would even moon the Amtrack on the upper c!
ecarlson972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #8

Oregon City, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1972
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieboater View Post
Serious? Where was this?
Rogue River, at Hellgate Bridge, July 1980. The offenders were (I regret to say) on another raft in my group. When we stopped at Indian Mary Park a few minutes later, the sheriff was there to give them tickets. The charge was "harassment." (I'm not joking.) They were supposed to appear in court the next day in Grants Pass, but they called an attorney in Portland from the Galice Store and got a postponement. Then they got repeated postponements over the next few months until the case was dismissed.

I was not aware that the three guys had mooned a Hellgate Tours jetboat earlier that day and the previous evening. Then, at Hellgate Bridge they mooned the boat from Morrison's Lodge. The jetboat operator looped back and got into a souting match with the offenders, telling them that they had been reported, and "every law inforcement agency in the area" was looking for them. The guys just laughed it off, until we got to Indian Mary and found the patrol car on the boat ramp. Oops.
The Mogur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #9

Eugene, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1980
I grew up in Grants Pass and mooning those Hellgate Boats was a pastime. Guess I got lucky!

Did ya say it was a Morrison's Lodge Jet boat? 1980? I have a hunch I know who the jetboat driver was.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mogur View Post
Rogue River, at Hellgate Bridge, July 1980. The offenders were (I regret to say) on another raft in my group. When we stopped at Indian Mary Park a few minutes later, the sheriff was there to give them tickets. The charge was "harassment." (I'm not joking.) They were supposed to appear in court the next day in Grants Pass, but they called an attorney in Portland from the Galice Store and got a postponement. Then they got repeated postponements over the next few months until the case was dismissed.

I was not aware that the three guys had mooned a Hellgate Tours jetboat earlier that day and the previous evening. Then, at Hellgate Bridge they mooned the boat from Morrison's Lodge. The jetboat operator looped back and got into a souting match with the offenders, telling them that they had been reported, and "every law inforcement agency in the area" was looking for them. The guys just laughed it off, until we got to Indian Mary and found the patrol car on the boat ramp. Oops.
willieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011   #10

Bazzaro, Free
Paddling Since: 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieboater View Post
Serious? Where was this?
I have a story too! A fellow floater in our party mooned a outfitter group two years ago. The guilde filed a complaint with a sherrif at the take out. She said that she could see his testicles and that made it indesent exposer. "no shit" He got hauled off the jail. we had to post bail and he had to pay an attorney big $ to have the "crime" reduced so he didn't have to register as a "sex offender" true story, no shit.
dirtbagkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote