HYSIDE FAQ, Anything Hyside Related! - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 06-19-2013   #1

Kernville, California
Paddling Since: 1975
HYSIDE FAQ, Anything Hyside Related!

Hey All,

Figured this thread could be a central hub for anything HYSIDE.

Any repair questions, maintenance, product info, history, anything Hyside related, ask it here and get answers directly from the source!

As time permits, we plan on adding videos and tips on any questions we've heard over the years.

Ask away!

Hyside Inflatables is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013   #2

Golden, CO
Paddling Since: 1856
What is your waranty. Specifically, if you ship a defective boat will you replace ASAP?
FrankC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013   #3

Eagle County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Can I strap a mini-max or paddle cat into the back of my Tacoma 6 foot pickup bed in a reasonable way inflated that would negate the need for my trailer for day trips?
WhiteLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013   #4

Kernville, California
Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankC View Post
What is your waranty. Specifically, if you ship a defective boat will you replace ASAP?
Warranty is 5 year commercial. Meaning we warranty our commercial outfitters, who run trips 200 +/- days a year for 5 years. You shouldn't even need our warranty as a private boater, you'll be passing the boat on to your kids.

We warranty our boats against any/all manufacture defects. We've focused on quality for over 30 years and we stand behind our product. If you ever have any issues, call us.

Not likely that we'd ship a defective boat, but for hypothetical purposes, if you were shipped a boat with an issue and let's say you had a trip coming up very soon and your boat was unusable, we'd be more than happy to send out a replacement so you can make your trip.

This is a very rare circumstance and most warranty issues we face are cosmetic (not affecting performance/usability), if any, so you'd be able to use your boat for your planned trip and then have a repair scheduled when the time is right.

Does this answer your question?

Thank you for choosing HYSIDE!
Old 06-19-2013   #5

Laramie, Wyoming
Adding d-rings to an outfitter pro. Your website states to use Stabond glue and MEK solvent. I have typically used clifton hypalon glue and toluene solvent for hypalon. What is best?
wyory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013   #6

Kernville, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLightning View Post
Can I strap a mini-max or paddle cat into the back of my Tacoma 6 foot pickup bed in a reasonable way inflated that would negate the need for my trailer for day trips?
That's a tough one to answer! I would be hesitant to give the green light, I might seen a Mini-Max on the freeway. Would your rig be framed out or just the boat?? Guess it really depends on the gear and how/when you inflate the boats.

Guessing since you have a trailer, you probably have it geared up and inflated prior to the put in...just want to be sure.
Old 06-19-2013   #7

Kernville, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyory View Post
Adding d-rings to an outfitter pro. Your website states to use Stabond glue and MEK solvent. I have typically used clifton hypalon glue and toluene solvent for hypalon. What is best?
We recommend Stabond 2 part as the best all around adhesive. With the accelerator, it makes your job quicker and easier, and the bond is better (in our opinion). You can use either method you're mentioning, is the clifton you're using 1 part or 2? 1 part is usually best for "on the river" repairs...then you get your boat home and do it right with 2 part.
Old 06-19-2013   #8

Golden, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyside Inflatables View Post
Warranty is 5 year commercial. Meaning we warranty our commercial outfitters, who run trips 200 +/- days a year for 5 years. You shouldn't even need our warranty as a private boater, you'll be passing the boat on to your kids.

We warranty our boats against any/all manufacture defects. We've focused on quality for over 30 years and we stand behind our product. If you ever have any issues, call us.

Not likely that we'd ship a defective boat, but for hypothetical purposes, if you were shipped a boat with an issue and let's say you had a trip coming up very soon and your boat was unusable, we'd be more than happy to send out a replacement so you can make your trip.

This is a very rare circumstance and most warranty issues we face are cosmetic (not affecting performance/usability), if any, so you'd be able to use your boat for your planned trip and then have a repair scheduled when the time is right.

Does this answer your question?

Thank you for choosing HYSIDE!
Doesn't answer my question. If I was to receive a defective boat (such as bad glueing..not necesarily unusable) would you replace it or give me my money back?
Old 06-19-2013   #9

Kernville, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankC View Post
Doesn't answer my question. If I was to receive a defective boat (such as bad glueing..not necesarily unusable) would you replace it or give me my money back?
If this were an irreparable issue, yes we'd replace it with a new one.
Old 06-19-2013   #10

Golden, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyside Inflatables View Post
If this were an irreparable issue, yes we'd replace it with a new one.
That sounds like a piss poor waranty to me. if you ship a defective new boat you should offer a replacement or their money back. Probably a better idea to buy an NRS.