Huntin for beaver! - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-23-2011   #1

Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Huntin for beaver!

Figured the title would grab your attention...

Yesterday Paul and I ran the upper Big T and at this one point there is a logjam & you turn 90 deg right then a quick 90 deg left turn...Well there was a 2-in diameter branch hanging 1-ft off the water blocking the channel which was impossible to see from the road or far enough back to eddy out. Well after it clotheslined me and snagged my PFD (I just got it off before it almost flipped me) I figured it needed to come out. It took me an hour to finally get it out of the way and the channel is now open!...

Until this morning when we ran it again. Some darn beavers chewed down another tree in a worse spot. I was able to eddy out in a bad spot then limbo under the big part of the tree...I then went back afterwards and fixed it so you can get over it...Those darn beavers! So I'm huntin for Beaver!

gannon_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2011   #2

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Jesus Gannon telling stories like that is not gonna make Bob want to go up there with you glad you allright. We had a similar happening on waterton earlier this year with a log just under the surface of the water in a wave train, boat went under log hit him in the chest, sometimes i hate wood.

Hope to boat with you sometime soon had fun the other day on the Poudre.

Jeremy
Old 05-23-2011   #3

Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Yeah...I'm not sure if I want to hang out with a guy who doesn't want to hunt beavers with me. You know, for the protection of other boaters and the cleaning of rivers and such!

Come on Bob...it's not that scary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2011   #4

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2009
Head for Colfax. I hear anyone can get Beaver down there.
Lin3Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011   #5

Well if there is a good run and the beavers on Colfax are causing wood problems I'll take care of em!