How many times could you run lower narrows in a day? - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 07-16-2014   #1

How many times could you run lower narrows in a day?

A couple First Descents employees are going to try to find out. Their goal is to run lower narrows 34 times in a day combined, or 17 times each, one time for each program first descents is offering this year. You can see their page here, and donate to FD if you'd like.

http://tfd.firstdescents.org/site/TR...eam&fr_id=1060

Your first thought may be: 17 laps, that doesn't sound like much. I agree, I think they can do more. One of the participants, Wildflower, has a good excuse. He has been involved with his own battle with cancer this summer, and is coming off the couch to perform. So he gets to stay at 17 laps.

I'm not as familiar with the other participant, apparently he goes by Crash, but it seems lazy to me that he is going to perform the same number of laps as the guy who recently had surgery.

So how many times do you think you (and therefore Crash) could (should have to) run Lower Narrows in a day?

Seriously, if you don't know, FD is awesome. If you have extra money, and you don't know what to do with it consider making a donation. They make a huge difference in the lives of young adults all over the country.

BrianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2014   #2

x, x
Paddling Since: x
I couldn't find any information on it, or a date they plan on running it, or if they are waiting for a certain level.

Any information on that would be great. I will try to keep up. If they take out at stevens and shuttle back up it would be easier than 17 laps with the hike.

though, its 3.2 on the rock today. 17 laps would be bad ass.
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014   #3

I imagine Crash will post on here soon, but here's what I know:

Given my knowledge of the participants I doubt they are going in at this level. My guess is they pick a weekend day with flows in the 1.8-2.2 range.

I think the plan is to hike, that's the part that makes this a challenge.

I'll probably be there for a couple laps and then to drink beer and cheer them on.
BrianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2014   #4
swimming

behind your mom, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
I imagine Crash will post on here soon, but here's what I know:

Given my knowledge of the participants I doubt they are going in at this level. My guess is they pick a weekend day with flows in the 1.8-2.2 range.

I think the plan is to hike, that's the part that makes this a challenge.

I'll probably be there for a couple laps and then to drink beer and cheer them on.
I could be down with that! Maybe even volunteer to carry their boats for them if that's allowed.
streetdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014   #5

student
It's a boof off. Old school rules

Calling me out eh Brian. So the plan was originally 17 including the carry back up at a level right around or below 2 feet. We don't have a date yet, but if you think you can do more then so be it... It's a boof off.

Seriously though if anyone wants to join in on the fun we'll try to set a date soon or we could go by honor rules from now until the end of the summer. If narrows isn't your cup of tea you are more than welcome to modify. Or like Brian "myboofisweak" k said of you can throw down a few bucks for these awesome programs which really are life changing for the participants.

I am fortunate that my job allows me to introduce so many people to this awesome, tight knit community. I am also fortunate that I have met so many inspirational people that help me to always keep my Short time on this planet in perspective. The goal for this is to pay it forward so that these guys can focus on whitewater challenges instead of the challenges that happen every day for them with their cancer journey.

Alright shameless plug there but I am pumped for this. Hit me up if you want to boof with us. I do apologize to the city of Fort Collins for the landslides I may cause by stomping so many gigantic boofs in one day though.
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014   #6

185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
I see your 17 and raise you 3. I like nice round not prime numbers. Let me know when it is happening. Sucks to hear about Flower he seems like a good dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote

« Numbers | Long shot »