Homestake Creek. POV Race day coming up - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-01-2010   #1

kayaker
Homestake Creek. POV Race day coming up

Shot a training run on homestake to get everyone fired up. Race day is coming up quick. Flows should be great. I hope to see some other local CO boys cleaning lines.

... side note, tried holding my head a little steadyer for y'all this time.

CHECK IT OUT Ross Herr Kayaking

ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2010   #2

Telluride, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Nice work Ross, good luck on race day!
tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010   #3

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Nice Ross. That was a little more zen than the Yule Creek video... appreciate the effort. Now if you could just tip the camera up a tad bit more then it would be more like I was actually paddling the shit myself... since I generally don't stare at the front of my boat. Once you get that dialed, I'll never have to leave the couch.

Hell, once I saw the Everest IMAX it was like I was there so I figured why bother doing it myself.
JHimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2010   #4

kayaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHimick View Post
Nice Ross. That was a little more zen than the Yule Creek video... appreciate the effort. Now if you could just tip the camera up a tad bit more then it would be more like I was actually paddling the shit myself... since I generally don't stare at the front of my boat. Once you get that dialed, I'll never have to leave the couch.

Hell, once I saw the Everest IMAX it was like I was there so I figured why bother doing it myself.
not sure if i'll ever reach IMAX quality but tilt the camera up I can. Thats the problem with the GoPro is you can't tell if the angle is right till you edit
ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #5
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Nice job putting up the vids Ross. I remember when I first started boating seeing pictures of Yule on mountainbuzz and being totally amazed that people go down that stuff in a kayak. It still looks pretty unreal to me.

Not to be a JHimick about it, but I think headcam footage is hard to make work. Having just run Homestake for the first time, it was cool trying to recognize the drops from a first person perspective in the video though. Hobie posted a couple headcam videos last year and I think he was figuring out how to make it work. Seems like the best trick he used was to boat really close to the person in front of him and it offered needed perspective. That might not be such a good idea on Yule, but would have been cool here.
KSC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010   #6

Park City/ Buena Vista, Utah/Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
The footage in the Duo was sweet, watching the front person crash thru the waves was kool. Ofcourse, running Homestake in a duo might be a lil much. Keep up the good work, Your vids rock...
rippnskier is offline   Reply With Quote