Homathko Flows? - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-10-2007   #1

Homathko Flows?

Anyone know where to find the Homathko River Discharge? Through Real-Time Hydrometric Data - Map= I can find the Primary water level or for us americans the "foot gage," but not the Discharge like 500 CMS.

If anyone has any Beta I'd love to hear it.

Thanks
Evan Ross

E-Ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2007   #2

Moscow, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1995
What? You don't want to just fly in there without knowing the flow? 15.3 looks like a great level...

Yeah, I poked around on the web and on that site, and it doesn't look like there is an online discharge gauge for the Homathko. This weekend I'll be paddling with a guy who ran it last year. So, I'll let you know if he has any words of wisdom.

-Mark
Old 08-10-2007   #3

Thanks Mark.

I know what type of flows I'm looking for in CMS if I could just find the CMS gauge. However if you really know that 15.3Meters is a good flow I'd be interested in your knowledge on that type of guage.

thanks for checking into it
Evan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2007   #4

in the ditches, ......
Paddling Since: 1996
Reports as of last weekend from my boy was:

"we are going in....looks like its going to be a good high level.."

best luck to them. as for in the near future...it's probably in the "go" slot.

-I'd be interested to hearing what you [Mark] find out too.

Cody
Old 08-10-2007   #5

Cody,

The best flow beta anyone can have is someone who just got off the Rio. If your buddies have a phone # that they can be reached at back in civilization, would you mind giving it out?

I don’t know how to use this P.M. thing so feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thanks evan
Old 08-10-2007   #6
Charc in = charc out

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
current flow is 443 cms, which is high. braden & lochie went in there at +/- 500 & said it was pretty much one big portage. 300 is generally considered perfect .. with buffer on either side

mid-august kinda seems like a risky time to trek the whole way up to tatlayoko .. there's still a respectable snowpack & the current downward trend seems to be more from cooling trend than from snow blowin' its wad. any warmer weather & that thing's gonna jump, which would suck on a 4 or 5 day mission .. but then again, rain's always a concern once you get into sept .. i don't know shit, so smoke em if you got em.
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007   #7

in the ditches, ......
Paddling Since: 1996
Hey Evan...Sure thing...i received a voice mail yesterday, so i'm expecting to hear from them next week sometime.....i'll keep you posted via email.

Todd, is there a conversion or an online gauge somewhere that you using for that 443 cms? I'm looking for that myself too.....thanks man.

Cody