Hobie! - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-30-2007   #1

Duhrango
Hobie!

The photo of good bye to Jiggydawg has me worried. Is that dawg OK or what?

Advertisement

Old 03-30-2007   #2

KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Jiggy had cancer. He fought it for a few months, getting better and better. Suddenly he took a severe turn this week. He was begining to suffer. His last day was good. We had a party for him with lots of steak and he passed with his favorite Kong ball in his mouth. He was awesome to the end.
For anyone that might not know Jiggy rode the back of an Xtracycle and kayaked with me from Savannah to Key West in fall 2001 to raise money for First Descents. He was the sole reason for the success. People would see this pitbull on the back of the bike and a 15 foot kayak strapped to it and stop to ask what we were doing and get a photo with Jigs. It was increadable.
Thanks to everyone for the nice notes. And to Sallyman, thanks for the help yesterday. You are a great friend.

hobie
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #3

Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Hobie...

I am really sorry about this. My two pals are getting up in their age, and I can't fathom not having them around someday.

Really sorry...

Craw
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2007   #4

the fort, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Jiggy had cancer. He fought it for a few months, getting better and better. Suddenly he took a severe turn this week. He was begining to suffer. His last day was good. We had a party for him with lots of steak and he passed with his favorite Kong ball in his mouth. He was awesome to the end.
For anyone that might not know Jiggy rode the back of an Xtracycle and kayaked with me from Savannah to Key West in fall 2001 to raise money for First Descents. He was the sole reason for the success. People would see this pitbull on the back of the bike and a 15 foot kayak strapped to it and stop to ask what we were doing and get a photo with Jigs. It was increadable.
Thanks to everyone for the nice notes. And to Sallyman, thanks for the help yesterday. You are a great friend.

hobie
i feel for you and know somewhat how you feel. i lost my pooch about 2.5 years ago to an unimaginable accident/tragedy. i didn't even get to say goodbye to him. probably the hardest thing i've ever been through. hang in there. cherish the good memories and the good life you gave him. i'll be thinking about you. just typing this post has me a bit choked up thinking about my old boy going away.
Old 03-30-2007   #5

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Hobie I am super sorry. Jiggydawg was one of a kind. I feel lucky to have had one night snuggling that pooch at your place a couple springs ago. He was a classic dog, fitting for a classic owner. I would venture to say that Jiggy will go down in the underground annals of Colorado whitewater as a legend. I have never seen a dog attack stick fetching with such passion. I am going to think of some tribute to him at this years river dog comp at FIBArk.
Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #6
Charc in = charc out

Seattle, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harvey View Post
I have never seen a dog attack stick fetching with such passion.
or road cones.

jiggy was so cool. corey-dog had jaw envy.
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #7

Duhrango
Oh man! I am so bummed and so sorry to hear about your loss. Jiggy was a way cool dog and a very good buddy for you and everyone he met but it does sound like he went out in style. That's cool.
Old 03-31-2007   #8
Don

Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
Jiggy will be missed for sure. I'll always remember him and you with your matching red, white, & blue, died hair. Chassing us down the Poudre. Awesome dog, better friend. Tough one for sure.
Old 03-31-2007   #9

Jiggy will definitely go down in history like Harvey said. Hobie bought Jiggy the nicest steak in town for his last meal. A $40 steak from one of the nicest restaurants in Beaver Creek. There were more people at Jiggy's going away party than would come to mine.
craporadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007   #10

KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Thanks everyone

It has been a tough few days. Not having him around leaves a pretty big void. I appreciate all the good words about him. Knowing he was loved by so many makes it a touch easier. And thanks for including him at Fibark this year Mike. I spoke with RuffWear and Patrick is going to send us a bunch of great prizes. I believe I will let Jiggy's ashes go that day on the Arkansas. A fitting tribute to Jdawg with all his friends around. Thanks everyone.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote