His Wife Said That He Had Better Stop Swimming in Class III - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 06-04-2008   #1

Mad Scientist/Creeker
His Wife Said That He Had Better Stop Swimming in Class III

A friend of mine is looking for a place to step it down a notch and practice his roll after swimming near the Ouzel Picnic Area on Lower Mish. He had to hike-out because he wasn't sure if Poudre Park was for him considering he swam on Bridges the day before, so I think he's really just looking to take it down a notch. His wife was so embarrassed for him that she went out on the town without him and was seen making out with a local MC. Needless to say he slept on the couch and was told that if he didn't stop carping he was going to be sleeping there permanently.

I won't say his name but his Mountainbuzz moniker rhymes with carping otter and has something to do with lots of h2o. So do you guys think he's going to be alright on Filter Plant, or is Mad Dog going to be a little rough for him at these levels? Maybe he could put-in right below the Frothing Chihuahua?

I also heard that Keck, Maria, and posse had a swim each on the Source and that they might be looking to get back into it at the Golden Play Park. Maybe step it up to Boulder Creek through town if they're feeling up to it. Oh, and can someone who was there explain to me how FR Fred managed to swim three times on one Source lap. That is remarkable! Something that I had never imagined possible!

My beat down is coming , I know (or maybe I already got mine, twice, in Upper Narrows)...

but this was too epic of a carnage report not to pass on to the general public.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2008   #2

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Thanks so much for sharing!

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #3
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2008   #4

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
BLOW FTW!

Was the blow up doll ^ the swimmer, or the PFD!
Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #5

Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhere View Post
It was trying to help one of the competitors with his roll.
GAtoCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #6
Charc in = charc out

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhere View Post
Looks like Leif's mom to me ..

Am I wrong?
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverWrangler View Post
I won't say his name but his Mountainbuzz moniker rhymes with carping otter and has something to do with lots of h2o. So do you guys think he's going to be alright on Filter Plant, or is Mad Dog going to be a little rough for him at these levels? Maybe he could put-in right below the Frothing Chihuahua?
Oh good! Maybe I'll have someone to paddle with when I get back from NZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverWrangler View Post
His wife was so embarrassed for him that she went out on the town without him and was seen making out with a local MC. Needless to say he slept on the couch and was told that if he didn't stop carping he was going to be sleeping there permanently.
Glad to hear Maija still has her standards!! Love it. Thanks for the in-depth investigative reporting, Evan. Makes me feel like I'm still at home.

Heard about lots of high-water beatdowns from this end of the world...tried not to laugh about it though, because I imagine my number's coming up pretty soon. OK well...that story JenK told me about our two friends (whose names start with the same letter and who share a birthday) R2'ing Pineview and getting surfed and tossed around in the hole...OK, yeah, I laughed about that. Kind of a lot, actually. Nice job pulling it out of the hole, Scout. And sending your hubby on a swim for me...I owed him one.
holley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #8

Teacher, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I was given this news yesterday right as I put on the Big T. I was understandably upset, it was like hearing one of my buddies had stopped being a kayaker and taken up golf or something. This is really tragic; for one simple reason that I realized as I was getting worked in a whole yesterday.
So there I am about to get handed on a class 4 stretch of water in a class 5 hole with no really eddy to rescue for ohh say a mile.. One might wonder what my first thought is.. Well I will tell you what it was; if Peter "strongswimmer" swam on class 3 then it must be OK for me to pull in this hole. And there in lies the problem. When one of your buddies swims on something like that it makes the rest of his friends feel like it is also OK to swim..His swim has the potential to bring us all down.
However I hope we can all do as I did and say " f#$%# you to the swim gods and do what ever you can do to get out of your personal hole.
"stongswimmer" if you need a place to crash while you are learning to roll I have an extra room.
Good luck out there and be safe
Patrick
boof512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #9

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
I also get a call yesterday from Forrest. He is yelling at me to come home. He needs his whole crew back. He couldn't believe what he saw, as FRF swims 3 times in one mile. "How do you even gather your shit up twice in a mile to swim 3 times" Forrest says. "These kids are suppose to be better then us" It was a shit show! I cannot stop laughing as I think, wow Fred? Keck, I get it. Maria, sounds like shes getting after it. Who else got their ticket punched in there? Why is the source crushing young souls?

Glad everyone is safe and getting out there. I think we should have a source swimmers race on boulder creek when the flow comes down to a manageable level. We can invite the buzzards and all work on our river dressing, whistles, ropes and z set ups. Trevor can helmet cam the action, right before he swims.

Mad dog is way too high right now Evan, you trying to get someone killed?

Gary

ps-where is mad dog?
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008   #10

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Mad Dog = burliest rapid on the filter plant stretch of poudre
kayakfreakus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class ii, class iii