Hi-N-Dry Paddle Shaft Float Invention - Page 4 - Mountain Buzz

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2012   #31

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavester View Post
I rarely paddle alone especially in the winter and my plan B in the unlikely event of a wet exit would be a 2 person T-rescue.
:like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2UhOh View Post
Most techniques are worth trying at least once or twice, as long as they don't pose an obvious high ergonomic risk.

And they all require proper practice to get and stay good at!
Yup!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012   #32
Mut

GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Ha Ha Ha. You folks are having a debate over who is or is not an "expert" sea kayaker. Is this a joke?

What is the "expert" sea kayaker checklist?

__ I can sit for long periods of time.
__ I can hold a paddle.
__ I can put the paddle in the water.
__ I can press the rudder peddle with my right foot to turn right.
__ I can press the rudder peddle with my left foot to turn left.
__ I can access my marine life reference book without dropping my paddle.
__ I can reseal my dry hatch.
__ I can see land and paddle that direction when I am tired.
Old 04-23-2012   #33

NorCal, California
Paddling Since: 91
Yes I agree ass-umptions are dumb like, "I probably put in more hours at sea then you have". But since you have 2 sea kayaks you could sell one and use the money to buy a personality

But thanks for imparting your wisdom on all things sea kayaking to us lesser folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2UhOh View Post
LOL, you're making ass-umptions again. Wrong ones.

Personal attacks, like the one you started off with, are not the same as a critique of the product, which is what this thread and MY replies to your comments addressed. If I had to give up my normal humility to refute your unfounded ass-umption, so be it. The techniques I mentioned are such a tiny, tiny part of the rest of the skills package required for sea kayaking. At least I know that much.

Your level of reading comprehension is abyssmal, so I will let your next personal attack be the final word on this sub-topic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012   #34

Kalispell, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mut View Post
Ha Ha Ha. You folks are having a debate over who is or is not an "expert" sea kayaker. Is this a joke?

What is the "expert" sea kayaker checklist?

__ I can sit for long periods of time.
__ I can hold a paddle.
__ I can put the paddle in the water.
__ I can press the rudder peddle with my right foot to turn right.
__ I can press the rudder peddle with my left foot to turn left.
__ I can access my marine life reference book without dropping my paddle.
__ I can reseal my dry hatch.
__ I can see land and paddle that direction when I am tired.
yeah, sea kayakers are all pussies!

:

Old 04-23-2012   #35
Mut

GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4Runner View Post
yeah, sea kayakers are all pussies!

:

I did not say that sea kayakers were pussies. I am sure there are plenty of solid individuals who sea kayak. You most likely are not one of them. You seem to be a little ___________ (chose your own word to fill in the blank. Some suggestions are: self conscious, misguided, butt hurt or pussyish).

In any event thank you for posting a video to illustrate my point. If those were "expert" sea kayakers they were doing things that didn't take too much skill. As a matter of fact they are skills that most first year whitewater kayakers have. Front surf, window shade, and seal launch.

Now to be clear, I think sea kayaking is fun. I enjoy sea kayaking from time to time. I think the video had some cool scenery. But sea kayaking does not take much skill and therefore arguing over whether or not you are an expert is downright silly.

And....Why didn't the hurricane riders ride any hurricanes? If you posted a video of sea kayakers paddling in hurricane winds and surfing hurricane swells you could do your little eye rolling symbol with a straight face.
Old 04-23-2012   #36

Kalispell, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mut View Post
I did not say that sea kayakers were pussies. I am sure there are plenty of solid individuals who sea kayak. You most likely are not one of them. You seem to be a little ___________ (chose your own word to fill in the blank. Some suggestions are: self conscious, misguided, butt hurt or pussyish).

In any event thank you for posting a video to illustrate my point. If those were "expert" sea kayakers they were doing things that didn't take too much skill. As a matter of fact they are skills that most first year whitewater kayakers have. Front surf, window shade, and seal launch.

Now to be clear, I think sea kayaking is fun. I enjoy sea kayaking from time to time. I think the video had some cool scenery. But sea kayaking does not take much skill and therefore arguing over whether or not you are an expert is downright silly.

And....Why didn't the hurricane riders ride any hurricanes? If you posted a video of sea kayakers paddling in hurricane winds and surfing hurricane swells you could do your little eye rolling symbol with a straight face.
You seem a little bit _____(choose your own word to fill in the blank. Some suggestions are: trollish, baiting, anti-social).

I would love to debate you whether or not sea kayaking requires skill, but I am a little bit _____(choose your own word to fill in the blank. Some suggestions are: busy, occupied, uninterested, cynical).

As an aside, the word "choose" is the appropriate spelling for the context in which you were typing.

See you on the river.
Old 04-25-2012   #37
doesn't need a fake name

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Mut, I don't think you watched the video. He was agreeing with you. Those guys did a couple seal launches and then surfed skook at what looks like 10 knots. I think we should all just get along and hate on sea kayakers like a family again.
Old 04-25-2012   #38

Kalispell, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by leif View Post
Mut, I don't think you watched the video. He was agreeing with you. Those guys did a couple seal launches and then surfed skook at what looks like 10 knots. I think we should all just get along and hate on sea kayakers like a family again.
Old 04-25-2012   #39

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
I'm lost... So what about the high and dry is that some sort of marijuana? I agree safety first
Old 05-08-2012   #40

Akron, Ohio
Paddling Since: 2009
I noticed alot of people automatically assume this is a device you will want to take off asap... but what many will soon find is that you are a lot safer on rivers with it. It is great for shielding the face when under water and gets you into your set position and out of the water fast. My dad and I have zero intention of ever kayaking without one.
Closed Thread