Hermosa Creek - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-12-2014   #1

Durango, CO
Paddling Since: 1990
Hermosa Creek

Hey, I was riding the Hermosa Creek Trail last Saturday and saw a couple of packrafters running the upper section above the South Fork. I saw a least 20 strainers across the creek before the first bridge 4 miles in, but a lot of the creek in the gorges section looked doable. I'd love to hear how the trip went, I was joking about you guys hauling along a chainsaw, it's a huge effort in and of itself just to motivate to make the run. Props to you! If it's feasibly possibly to run the gorges section maybe I'll talk to the beavers about clearing it up a bit from the bridge up. Thanks

Peace

d.e. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2014   #2

GJ, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.e. View Post
Hey, I was riding the Hermosa Creek Trail last Saturday and saw a couple of packrafters running the upper section above the South Fork. I saw a least 20 strainers across the creek before the first bridge 4 miles in, but a lot of the creek in the gorges section looked doable. I'd love to hear how the trip went, I was joking about you guys hauling along a chainsaw, it's a huge effort in and of itself just to motivate to make the run. Props to you! If it's feasibly possibly to run the gorges section maybe I'll talk to the beavers about clearing it up a bit from the bridge up. Thanks

Peace
That was Doom (protect yourself) and a buddy of his last weekend. He said it was his 'new favorite run'. He also said that with some flossing it'd be incredibly worthy.

Pics he sent me looked great--but like it needed lots of flossing.

He'll likely post some words and pics at the above link when he catches up with his life. Summer and all that...