help me identify these rivers! old school GCanyon, NF Payette, Pine Creek ... - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 01-31-2008   #1

help me identify these rivers! old school GCanyon, NF Payette, Pine Creek ...

Last year I edited some oldschool footage from a bunch of random VHS tapes, and had to take it offline due to hosting issues. It's back up now, but I've forgotten what all the runs are.

NF Payette, maybe Pine Creek, maybe one of the forks of the Salmon?:

Chauga, New, Grand Canyon (think that's all):

r.moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2008   #2

Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Damn that is some great photage. I can't say what any of the rivers might be, but it's cool that you have that from the old days.

OG for sure...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008   #3

Yeah, that's Piney givin that one dude an extended hole ride. It's cool to see old school vid like this, but, New School Metallica is out of place. I'd go with something off of Kill 'Em All.
deepstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2008   #4
rhm

steamboat springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
i don't know the chauga, and i didn't recognize any of the drops on the first part of the video. i think that from :55 to 1:10 on the video was the new in wva. the big wave train was definitely suprise rapid. that footage was all from the same video tape. you could tell by the little red tint stripe on the right hand side of the screen. the first and last part had a greenish yellow stripe on the right side of the screen. the rest looked like it was all in the grand canyon. hope this helps you out. are you going to put in subtitles or something to tell people what rivers they are?
rhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008   #5

in a van down by the river, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1974
recognized sections

There are some sections of the NF Payette Jacobs Ladder section in there for sure.
The smooth C1 paddler is in the Jacob's Ladder section NF Payette River.
The yellow helmet kayaker is Rob Lesser.
The raft building comes at the Indian Creek launch point / airstrip on the MF Salmon in northern Idaho and the first rapid they show with the raft is Tappan Falls, MF Salmon River.
Hope that helps.
kayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008   #6

Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
thought that was rob lesser too, but had too many beers when I was looking at it the first time.

Good job with the ID Kayaker...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote