help: knee pain in new boat - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-10-2005   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
help: knee pain in new boat

Just got a new EZG60. I love the boat, it paddles well. After paddling it for 2 hours without getting out much, I noticed that my left knee had a pain on the inside of the knee. It felt like my knee was being tweaked, and the pain is still there a few days later, but only when I move my knee it certain directions. I am not sure if this is because my feet were cramped, and pushed the knee into the thighbrace, or if the thighbrace should be adjusted. Anyone have this kind of problem and have a fix? I love the boat, but I don't want to crater my knee from paddling.

Thanks!

deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2005   #2

Same issue w/ Embudo

Had the exact same issue with an Embudo and ended up having to get rid of the boat.....try before you buy...
solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #3

Duhrango
Feet more forward will change your angle in the boat and that might help. That's what I did in my 60 and everything is all better now.
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2005   #4
gh

pnw, Colorado
The knee/thigh pads move, adjust them back more on your thigh. I have mine in the 4th from the front and added a minicell pad on the outside of the boat. very comfy.
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005   #5

Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
DeepSouthPaddler,

Any chance you're writing from the SE TN/ N GA/ Western NC area?

Just asking 'cause that's my neighborhood, too....
newby0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005   #6

Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
"I prefer the DEEP south. I like the heat...the humidity..."

- Chris Walken as Colonel Angus, SNL circa 2004
Old 08-11-2005   #7

Front Range, Colorado
.... and when you've "ovah-stayed yah' welcome," you'd just like me to "tap you on yo' head" and let you know you're done??

Old 08-11-2005   #8

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Newby,

I used to live in New Orleans, deep deep south. I did most of my paddling in TN/NC when I lived there. I just moved up to Denver this year, and the boating is a lot better here than in New Orleans
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005   #9

Front Range, Colorado
Yeah, pretty much-- you try and get on the river in NOLA or anywhere down in swamp country, and your kids end up being born with 3 eyes and deformed genitalia.... always an enticing prospect!

For whatever it's worth, I was in Memphis long enough to appreciate the hell that is a Southern, MS River town: i think all our hot weather, humidity, poor quality of life, gang activity, street crime, murder rates, and red state tendencies just rolled off those craggy river bluffs into the muddy water and somehow snowballed before making it all the way downriver to you guys! Yeah, it always made for some interesting stories at the end of the day....

I'm still here in TN, but the SE portion of the state now. Do have to admit I'm a little jealous of the CO factor/ river life you guys have going there, but in all honesty, I'm just glad to be going to sleep in a city where I'm not listing to the soothing rapport of gunshots being fired at night anymore.... *sigh*.... ahhh, the good old days! LOL