Helmet Camera Recommendation? - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-06-2005   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Send a message via Yahoo to Rhodes
Helmet Camera Recommendation?

Does anyone have any advice on who makes the best helmet cameras for kayaking? Specifically looking for something that can withstand some hefty drops and abviousley very waterproof.
Thanks

Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2005   #2

Bum
Send a message via MSN to Jiberish
I have used three different types, and found this to be the most easy, innovative, and reliable... as well as quality, and it is a bit cheaper then the average. What I like is, they wire a button that sticks out of your skirt so you can press record from it, and it has an LED on it to tell you when you are recording. I used to have to just press record and go, which wasted a lot of tape, and battery. Also, the clear case allows you to see the screen on your Camera, to visually see how it looks while the camera is in the box....

Here is the link on a review

http://localpaddler.com/news.php?resource_id=2116

Hope this helps, this is truly the best I have seen, and easiest I have used.... And least expensive....

Ben Guska
Jiberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005   #3

Also, check out www.helmetcamera.com Most of the helmet cameras out there use the same base Sony camera lens. The Helmet Camera cams may have a more durable housing, but I haven't compared these two companys products side by side. The prices are almost identical. An important note on the on-off remote. These only work on cameras with a LANC port. Most camera manufacturers are not putting them on their cameras these days. Before I did all of my research, I bought a Cannon (which I love) because the Helmet Camera site said that their remote would work with all Sony and Cannon Cameras. This is not true, you must have a LANC port. I've used my friend's helmet cams, but the inability to turn the camera on and off on the fly has kept me from buying one myself for now. If you do have a LANC port, the Bullet Camera company gives you the option of a waterproof LANC connection, which is nice.
Curtis_Elwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2007   #4

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
V.I.O. -- The Leader in Wearable Video Technology, Digital Helmet Cameras and Cam Accessories

This is renouned as the best head cam available today.
jbarnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #5

Golden, Colorado
holy sh!t that VIO is 850 bucks!! all these recs are old school "connected" type although the seem to be getting smaller. regardless you gotta hook up the camera to the recorder which IMO blows. check out the Oregon Scientific helmet cam they are the only one to my knowledge that is onboard record- Oregon Scientific | U.S. | Product | HC18 | ATC-1000 Action Helmet Camera
it looks like they've updated it from the one i got this summer. the vid is great and you can't beat the price $69!!! you gotta be kidding me.. i think i'll get two more.. for 70 bucks you can buy a bunch and have all your bros vidding at the same time guaranteed to get all the carnage.
Old 10-31-2007   #6

Golden, Colorado
sups... here's the one that i have. my post above, the ATC-1000 i'll bet is an an older version. here's the 2k:
Oregon Scientific | U.S. | Product | AT18 | ATC2K Waterproof Action Cam
Old 10-31-2007   #7

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Send a message via Yahoo to Rhodes
I use these guys, quality video and very durable:

http://www.helmetcamera.com/
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #8

Dood! Quit talking about helmet cams, let's go do some Class V fat kid eatin' at the GC!!!!!!
dasunluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #9

Salt Lake City, Utah
Take a look at sportsshots.com these are great affordible cameras.

Sam
smcboating is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera