Have you been watching the snow pack?!!!!!! - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-19-2007   #1

Arvada, 80003
Paddling Since: 2002
Have you been watching the snow pack?!!!!!!

Yes we all know that the South Platte has a very good snow pack for this year. But has anyone seen what else has been going on the front range side of things? Look at what has happened to the snow pack of the Ark over the past few weeks!!!!!!!!!!

ftp://ftp-fc.sc.egov.usda.gov/CO/Sno...nplotark07.gif

Oh ya! Who's excited? I know I sure am! The front range is going to be the place to be this year!

Advertisement

Old 04-19-2007   #2

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Oh yeah!!! Excitement is brewing. Its gonna be a good seaon for the front range and the ark valley. Nice to have some good snowpack in the back yard. South platte drainage is higher than it has been since 2003.

Wish the rest of the state would have got more too.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007   #3
NHINDS

I think being happy that other people don't have water is a shitty thing.

Boating a variety of rivers and locations (if you have time and money to travel) makes Colorado great. You could quit your job and boat may thru the end of June and not hit close to all the river sections.

Let's be positive about the late snow we are getting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2007   #4

Hinds
What are you talking about?

Gimme a call so we can start hyping your next big event
JAK
Yampaboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007   #5
ACC

dropzone, Colorado
I have been watching the snowpack accumulate from across the country in VA and I am super stoked about the frontrange and ark status.

But, I don't see anyone in this thread getting excited about another region of the state not having snow? Looks to me like the posts above are stoked that there are some drainages that are near average, and bummed that other parts of the state are below. Just stating that the frontrange is the place to be doesn't have to be read in a derisive manner.

In any case, I am keeping my fingers crossed for some more big spring storms for everywhere in the state, north and south, west and east. over and out.

Alex
ACC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007   #6

Arvada, 80003
Are you kidding me Hinds? Where the hell did you get the idea that I was glad that the rest of the state didn't have snow? I wish they did!!!!!!! More than anything I wish that we all had killer snow packs! There are so many things I want to run this year, and I probly wont be able to due to the lack of snow. Im sorry if it came off different than I intended. I was just happy that we have what we have.
Old 04-19-2007   #7
sj

I don't think being happy I will use half the gas I normally would in a season is being mean to others. Or being stoked that somewhere has water is a bad thing. sj
sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007   #8

Arvada, 80003
Thanks guys I felt kind of bad there for a second. Im glad you guys understand what I meant.
Old 04-19-2007   #9
NHINDS

Took er the wrong way, my bad, I'm pretty shitty sometimes . Maybe I am sad that fish creek might only run for a few weeks this year. Up north looks pretty bad, we will be the ones coming down there all season and geting spanked on runs we really don't know well.

There is something about warming up in your back yard that helps the season go well. I like to stir the pot, so don't mind my grumpyness about our own shortcomings around my boating region. Sorry to be a debbie downer. Waaaaaa Waaaaaaa!

Probably be living in Boulder out of my van this summer down by the river. Does that mean I have to get a 303 sticker? Man I would rather move to Vernal, Utah!
Old 04-19-2007   #10

Arvada, 80003
Vernal! Ouch that hurts Nick! I understand where the front range stereo type came from, but we all aren't like that! Why does everyone dog on us so much? Every where I go I catch shit. I was in Reno being made fun of for being from the front range. Now that is weird. But my favorite is when transplants make fun of me. Especialy those boys from Florida that live in the Grafield ,and Eagle counties, and think they are western slopers! That's comical.