Have any Buzzards used the DAN AKA - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-23-2012   #1

Jenks, Oklahoma
Have any Buzzards used the DAN AKA

Divers Alert Network evacuation insurance or know of it being used.

On a future GC trip and joined up just for that trip and wondered if there was feedback on the DAN Insurance.

okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012   #2

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
You going diving in the big ditch?
Old 08-23-2012   #3
swimming

behind your mom, Colorado
Never used it myself but read a lot about those who have. I used to do a lot of technical diving in the great lakes and wouldn't dive without it. Chamber rides are too damn expensive. I've only heard great things from those that have used it. Not sure how it would work for a rafting trip, might want to give them a call.
streetdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012   #4

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I've used this: https://secure.snfc.org/diversforms/. Get 'C' and 'D' and it is only $25.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
lmaciag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012   #5
swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaciag View Post
I've used this: https://secure.snfc.org/diversforms/. Get 'C' and 'D' and it is only $25.

ever looked into the cost of a chamber ride that your health insurance (especially out of country) won't cover? Might surprise you... If GC stands for grand cayman and not grand canyon you might want that coverage for multiple days of repetitive diving... especially if you're skills aren't up and you "bounce" a lot.
Old 08-23-2012   #6
swimming

Are You Diving Naked?: Undercurrent 04/2001
Old 08-23-2012   #7

I'm confused.

My response was directed at domestic travel (Grand Canyon, AZ) that is non-SCUBA in nature. This is general watersports coverage 'D' and evac coverage 'C'. Obviously, if you are diving you want something that covers decompression (A) and snorkeling/diving (B).

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Old 08-23-2012   #8
swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaciag View Post
I'm confused.

My response was directed at domestic travel (Grand Canyon, AZ) that is non-SCUBA in nature. This is general watersports coverage 'D' and evac coverage 'C'. Obviously, if you are diving you want something that covers decompression (A) and snorkeling/diving (B).

apparently I'm more confused then you...
Old 08-23-2012   #9

Lots of people get supplimental dive insurance for river trips because it covers various watersports in addition to SCUBA (rafting/kayaking) and includes evac, something that general health insurance does not cover.

Old 08-23-2012   #10

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Theres room for DAN in my boat!!!