Happy Feet Out.. Bulkhead In - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-18-2008   #1

Dekalb, Texas
Happy Feet Out.. Bulkhead In

Ive came to the conclusion that the jackson happy feet suck.... I have a 4fun... and i am going crazy with all the movement i get when im in the boat... i like to be totally tight, and i feel like the only way im going to achieve this is with a bulkhead.....

If anyone can give me some ideas on how to make a foam bulkhead, that would be awesome.... PLEASE HELP

BooF4FooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2008   #2

oh yeah
i just went the other way. i couldn't get the frank-n-foam to work and went to the happy feet. are you hips tight? i find most of my control comes from good hip pads. ever try knee blocks?

dan
danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #3

Dekalb, Texas
yeah my hips are super tight... seeing im about 10 lbs over the max rec weight for the boat.... but the problem i have, is that i have super short legs... therefore, when i roll and such my offside leg can actually straighten out because there isnt enough resistance on my feet... the when my leg straightens.. it comes oout from under the thigh pad and screws everything up... .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2008   #4

Dekalb, Texas
if i want to be super tight in my boat, i have to air the bean bag part up completely.. .get in the boat and let just enough air out of the bag to allow me to sit down.... then my feet are cramped up in akward positions, and the bag swishes air from side to side when ever i apply pressure
Old 08-18-2008   #5

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Stuff some minicell up there. The curved pieces that i think are from a pyranha fit pretty well. If thats not enough just keep adding. Tape it in til you get it right. Once you like it lock it in with barge cement or 3m's 77 spray.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #6

Gypsum, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I keep a beach ball in there, It snugs up my thighs and it keeps my knees right where I want them... Then I dont have to crush my feet and stop every 30 min to get some blood flow back..
stumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #7

Dekalb, Texas
keep a beach ball where exactly??
Old 08-18-2008   #8

Lakewood, Colorado
Yup, I suffered through the crappy feet for a couple months before wising up and using foam. I got a piece of pre-cut stuff from a shop that came from another boat and trimmed to fit. Then I cut the beanbag part of the happy feet out and put it in front of the foam to make it comfortable and shaped more like my feet. It is very nice now.
mjpowhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008   #9

Dekalb, Texas
do you know what kind of boat it came out of"??
Old 08-18-2008   #10

I didn't like the Happy Feet either. Liquid Logic makes preformed minicell foam that fits in the bow with extra shims for getting the right length for your feet. I use it in my 2Fun, and it works great. I saw some at CKS a couple of weeks ago, but they are not in their catalog or on their website. Try calling them.
rboater7 is offline   Reply With Quote