Gunny gorge shuttle hitchable? - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-21-2007   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Gunny gorge shuttle hitchable?

Hey Buzzards, I'm trying to see if it's feasible to hitch a shuttle on gunny gorge. Is it something that's likely to work on a Sunday afternoon? Or should I pony up th $75 to gut a commercial guy to shuttle us.... for that matter, is anyone headed out that way this weekend?

Whaddaya think?

Thanks

Alex

AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2007   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
Hey Buzzards, I'm trying to see if it's feasible to hitch a shuttle on gunny gorge. Is it something that's likely to work on a Sunday afternoon? Or should I pony up th $75 to gut a commercial guy to shuttle us.... for that matter, is anyone headed out that way this weekend?

Whaddaya think?

Thanks

Alex
It would be really hard to hitch that road. The best thing to do would be just take two cars. You will need cars that have some clearance.
cwcowan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #3

ww guide/ frame builder/welder, mobile fabrication gig
Paddling Since: 1988
price of gas for 2 cars would be more than the shuttle fee.

I wouldn't suggest hitching that road either.
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2007   #4

conifer, Colorado
Yeah, probably one of worst runs to try and hitch. You'll see why once you get there.
mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #5

oh yeah
i've "hitched" that run and wouldn't suggest it.

dan
danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #6

on your sister, ...
yeah, agree... hitching has allot of potential for suck there. the shuttle is long and painful and requires two 4wd trucks. just pay and enjoy all the extra time on the river. fyi...the $75 version shuttle still requires you to bring a 4wd vehicle. if you lack 4wd then the shuttle is $175.
tuberslickmysweatyballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #7

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Unless you run into other boaters that are heading back you are almost certainly out of luck. You would probably need to link together 2-3 different hitched rides to get close, and then you would probably have to hike 7ish miles to the put-in.

We set our own shuttle last season and happened to have an extra spot that we gladly gave to another paddler. As it turned out he had guided for the same company that I did in Alaska and we had a bunch of mutual friends - gotta love how the river works that way.
raftus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007   #8

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
hmmm....

Alright I'm convinced - sounds like it will be money well spent. Thanks for the feedback. I've talked to the folks @ Pleasure Park (troutfisherman.net) who gave me a quote of $75 if you come and pick up your shuttle driver and bring them with you to the putin - and they didn't mention 4wd vehicle so I think it sounds like they may have the right price. So I think I'm set. Gratzi!

Happy Solstice y'all. We'll see you out there.

AlexT
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote