Gunnison Whitewater Park Pictures. - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-12-2008   #1

Gunnison Whitewater Park Pictures.

Gunnison River Fest this weekend! If interested in the feature, check out the link below.

Gunny feature blog post and pics up here: The Colorado Kayak Chronicle: Gunnison Whitewater Park

This post shows the feature at 1450 cfs and 110 cfs as well as the 'bonus feature'

We hear the festival will probably have about 1200 cfs - so somewhere in between the pictured levels.

Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2008   #2

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
Wish I could go! We were there for the first time a few weeks ago. One of the best parks I've been to! We called the "bonus feature" the chunder pocket after getting tossed around in it for a bit haha.
Ricky NM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meng View Post
This post shows the feature at 1450 cfs and 110 cfs as well as the 'bonus feature'
Oops, I meant to say 1450 and 1100 cfs.

Ricky - glad you guys had fun here. I'll pass on your compliments to the park engineers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2008   #4

Cody, Wyoming
low end flow?

what is the low end for worth while play at the park? i plan to be in CB in the next few weeks for some mtn biking, and am wondering if i should bring the boat for some park n play as the flow drops further. any beta on the feature performance from this spring as the flows came up? thanks in advance.
pbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008   #5

crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo
...GUNNY PARK...

.....the park is lame again....was thumpy at high fows and as the flows dropped out it lost it's game...it was a front surf glass wave the last couple of weeks and is a shit piece now...yesterday it was gayer than two guys kissing(no offense to boys that like to kiss boys)...besides lotsawater says it's not that bad after the first kiss anyways....COOL PETE....way to go....our park is too close to the source of sediment and what not....the gunny carries a heavier load than the ark,,,those play features are very far from the source......they need less repair action....what can we do?...harvey? selby? our pools fill up with sand and gravel.....from hero to zero....GAY
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbowman View Post
what is the low end for worth while play at the park? i plan to be in CB in the next few weeks for some mtn biking, and am wondering if i should bring the boat for some park n play as the flow drops further. any beta on the feature performance from this spring as the flows came up? thanks in advance.
I'd bring your playboat. If the Gunny feature is not in, Fluffy and M-Wave will be.

Tags
ark, gunnison wave, gunnison whitewater park