Mountain Buzz banner

Grizzly Creek Cleaning

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Schizzle 
#1 ·
Last I looked at Grizzly Creek there were at least 2 river wide trees and a stake in the lower part of the creek. Do I need to talk to BLM or forest service before it can be cleaned out? Later in the spring Im looking for anyone who wants to help or has a realy big chainsaw to clean that section out. Does anyone from glenwood go up to clear as well?

thanks
Josh

#4 ·
I would not get the BLM or the Forest service involved. They seem to like logging only at the bulldozer/slash pile/commercial level. For one or two trees it is going to be much easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission. Also I am not sure on the size of the logs but you can cut through very large logs with a saw with a pretty small 18” or 20” bar. This is the type of saw that I use and I can get through logs about a 40” to 50” diameter log with a bit of work. Also if the logs are too big to be moved up on the bank make sure they will not get washed a ¼ mile down stream at high water and get hung up again.

I like to cut logs up into small blocks - like firewood and they should wash down stream easily without making another strainer. Also get the blade on yo saw sharp – wet wood is very hard to cut through and if it is water logged it will be even harder - a sharp blade will do wonders.

Good luck and be careful it is hard to boat with only 3 fingers :shock: . Also props for cleaning any run - Thanks for keeping it clean!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.