Green river event? - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-24-2004   #1

KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Green river event?

I thought it already happened but heard there is a freestyle event this weekend (27th-28th) Is this true?

hobie
Dagger Kayaks

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2004   #2

I just got the entry today!

Hey Hobie,
Are you headed over there? I might be interested as the poster says 3500$ cash purse! The hole is a little shallow but with everyone else at team trials it should be a good event to win a little cash on the side!
Alex
Alex Hotze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004   #3

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
what up Hobie...there is an event up there this weekend. They are going to release 1300cfs for it so the hole should be fun. There is some music, slalom race and some other relay type of race. They are also putting on a big dinner for everyone. It should be good. I can't make it this weekend but if you go say hi to my friends at the Mast (you'll find it).
Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2004   #4

KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
What day is it as i am commited to the MBSX.

hobie
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004   #5

Hobie, the last two years the freestyle event has been held on Saturday. Green River kind of dropped the ball this year since they waited until last week to send out the flyers.

Alex, the cash purse is divided out. Yet, first place was $600 in pro men, and $300 for second if I remember correctly. It's been a fun rivalry between the front range and Jackson boys the last two years, plus the SLC paddlers, but Cory's gone.

Awesome night paddling complete with bonfires last year...and the organizers set it up! We tend to get treated like celebrities when we go. They release for the event, and set up concrete blocks with a back hoe to channelize the water. We've been able to loop and hit all of the basic hole moves in the past. Judging has been volunteered by the competitors. It's small and fun...