Great new teaser here...Karma - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-23-2013   #1

Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Great new teaser here...Karma

The Karma won 1st through 4th place at the Alseseca race. really cool that EJ and Dane tied for first during a 13+ minute race!!!! the torch is about to change hands it seems but EJ isnt going down any time soon, son or not. Super stoked on the new go pro 3 footage... These things are bad ass...

Enjoy!!!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013   #2
White R. BC

Durango, Colorado
Cool! Thanks for posting.

But I am beginning to think that competition is only telling us who is doing the most performance enhancements.
ag3dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013   #3

Bazzaro, Free
Paddling Since: 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag3dw View Post
Cool! Thanks for posting.

But I am beginning to think that competition is only telling us who is doing the most performance enhancements.

You peeked my intrest??? Thats a intresting thought. So, in the name of thread highjacking could you explain just a bit more as to what you mean?
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013   #4

Denver,, exhaustion
Epo!!!!
Old 01-23-2013   #5

Bazzaro, Free
Quote:
Originally Posted by adgeiser View Post
Epo!!!!

Really!! I don't think there is enough money to be made in the sport to justify the cost associated with using that type of drug. I don't know, I could be wrong. Anyone else have a thought? I would be willing to bet my boat that there is very little if any use of EPO's in pro kayaking. You would have to be a trust-funder or something to afford such. Just my thought.

Edited: Just found the cost of epo. So I could be very wrong.

The cost will depend on how much EPO you need. It is estimated that the annual cost of EPO will be about $5,000.

Ref: http://msl1.mit.edu/ESD10/kidneys/HndbkHTML/ch20.htm
Old 01-23-2013   #6
White R. BC

Durango, Colorado
I think sport is about fun. That is why I love kayaking so much. I don't care who did the biggest huck or posted the radest vid. It is more fun to do than watch. There is for my style of paddling only friendly comp. Who had a good ride, who had a good line. Exploring new country with new rivers and what trails can I work into the bike shuttle.

Well...more to your question, I think the win at all cost society puts too much emphasis on the wrong goals. I know it is in our genes, the survival of the fittest and all. But in a finite world, where does this get us? This obsession with more and growth. What about sustainability, maybe we can compete there, on footprints?
Old 01-23-2013   #7

Bazzaro, Free
Quote:
I think sport is about fun. That is why I love kayaking so much. I don't care who did the biggest huck or posted the radest vid. It is more fun to do than watch. There is for my style of paddling only friendly comp. Who had a good ride, who had a good line. Exploring new country with new rivers and what trails can I work into the bike shuttle.
Could not have said it better myself.

Quote:
Well...more to your question, I think the win at all cost society puts too much emphasis on the wrong goals. I know it is in our genes, the survival of the fittest and all. But in a finite world, where does this get us? This obsession with more and growth. What about sustainability, maybe we can compete there, on footprints?
Totally agree. Time to go boating.
Old 01-23-2013   #8

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Sorry to continue the hijack but I wonder what that new microparticle oxygen shot could do for kayakers? You can live for 15 minutes without breathing through your lungs, handy thing if you're into some of the kayaking aspects that can include some serious downtime.
Old 01-23-2013   #9

Bazzaro, Free
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensjustduckie View Post
serious downtime.
Sqirt boaters beware.
Old 01-23-2013   #10
White R. BC

Durango, Colorado
See also Natale's conclusion from the WWGP, stage 3 I think, where she found she did best when she concentrated on having fun and being in the moment. Maybe it is all about mindfulness!