Grape Creek, Dewesse Reservoir looks like this... - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 04-26-2005   #1

C.O.
Grape Creek, Dewesse Reservoir looks like this...

http://community.webshots.com/user/wolfhowlmoon

Click on the 1st photo album. If you are reading this after July or August of 2005, it may not all be there, or at least not in the 1st position. I will update with fresh albums/photos as time goes on.

Here's what the reservoir looks like.... 100% full. A bunch of them are panaramic pics (as to fit in the whole dam), including one of the snow covered headwaters mountain range, (not all that will come down Grape however). Locate the Sangre de Cristo panaramic shot 4th from the end, view fullsize, make sure your browser isn't shrinking it down as well.

"So in two seconds, away we went, a sliding down the river, and it did seem so good to be free again and all by ourselves on the big river and nobody to bother us." -Mark Twain (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn)
Ed Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2005   #2

Ski Patrol
thanks for the pics it looks like it will run this year. Im looking forward to getting on this one!
DeLiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #3

Father of illegitimate San Juan sasquatch children, Climax. CO
Yeeha!!!!

Thanks Ed for getting information on the level. Looks really good.
I took the link that you had for pictures of grape may 04. Which pic is the falls or did you get a pic of the falls? When it does run what volume are we talking, Cfs? Have you run it and would you like to be a guide? It sounds like a long day and scouting sounds like a major chore for that long a stretch. Thanks for the info,
Johnny
floaty22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2005   #4

C.O.
Re: Yeeha!!!!

I've never floated it. Nor have I seen it with volume. I can speculate which pis is the one with Rooster falls, but I could be wrong so I'll let someone else who has run the thing point it out for sure. I took pics of every drop or potential rapid so it is in there somewhere. I haven't viewed them since last year, so I need to look at them again.

I'll be looking for a guide myself. Anyone up for Monday or Tuesday, MAY 2nd or 3rd? Those are my days off. It would be good to have an ol' salt with us, but if the level is at this lower level, I'd be willing to hit it with a compitent boater or 3. ps... If the road to the put-in is muddy, my truck will be useless... anyone with a 4wd. I can probably borrow one (maybe) if I really need to.

Ed Hansen

Quote:
Originally Posted by floaty22
Thanks Ed for getting information on the level. Looks really good.
I took the link that you had for pictures of grape may 04. Which pic is the falls or did you get a pic of the falls? When it does run what volume are we talking, Cfs? Have you run it and would you like to be a guide? It sounds like a long day and scouting sounds like a major chore for that long a stretch. Thanks for the info,
Johnny
"So in two seconds, away we went, a sliding down the river, and it did seem so good to be free again and all by ourselves on the big river and nobody to bother us." -Mark Twain (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn)
Old 04-27-2005   #5

Teacher, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Ed,
I am going to be in that area looking to paddle something..
I have never been on grape but sure would love to get er done..
email me at
[email protected]
or my cell at 970-218-4228
thanks
patrick
boof512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #6

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
Looks like I'm rolling to Durango on Friday and coming back up Sunday- I could be inclined to meet up with folks and give this one a try coming back. THe weather doesn't look too bad - 60ish? TBoner might be rolling down with me, so there might be two of us. I have a four-by with a ladder rack, so the shuttle shouldn't be too bad.
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #7

Father of illegitimate San Juan sasquatch children, Climax. CO
Hey guys, unfortunately I will be driving from durango to get to grape and see some friends in royal gorge. And my days off are thursday afternoon thru sunday mid-day. If anyone is intersted then let me know and i would love to run it on those days. first or second weekend of may?
lets get it,
Johnny
floaty22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #8

Before we get too carried away making plans....is there water in it yet?
mescalimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005   #9

C.O.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalimick
Before we get too carried away making plans....is there water in it yet?
Today it's at 61. If it has 100 in it, I'm game for a low water run, anything over that will be nice too.

Monday is now out for me, (supposed to be chilly anyway), But I'm good for Tuesday which is supposed to be warmer.
Old 04-29-2005   #10

grape on tuesday

ed, i am moving down to Salida for the summer this weekend and would be game for a grape run on tuesday. Give me a call 970 485 3384
elwood is offline   Reply With Quote