Grand Canyon - Free Parking in Flagstaff - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-25-2013   #1

steamboat springs, Colorado
Grand Canyon - Free Parking in Flagstaff

In GC trips past, I've left vehicles at hotel in Flagstaff where we've staged before and after the trip. However, this time, because of time constraints, we won't be staying at any hotels prior to launch. Does anybody know of a good, relatively safe place to park a number of vehicles for free during the three weeks we'll be on the river?

Thanks.

3d3vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013   #2

Oregon City, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1972
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d3vart View Post
In GC trips past, I've left vehicles at hotel in Flagstaff where we've staged before and after the trip. However, this time, because of time constraints, we won't be staying at any hotels prior to launch. Does anybody know of a good, relatively safe place to park a number of vehicles for free during the three weeks we'll be on the river?
I'm guessing that means that you're doing your own shuttle? Obviously, shuttle services provide parking.

Or are you going with an outfitter? If that's the case, they will have some kind of arrangement that you can take advantage of.
The Mogur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mogur View Post
I'm guessing that means that you're doing your own shuttle? Obviously, shuttle services provide parking.

Or are you going with an outfitter? If that's the case, they will have some kind of arrangement that you can take advantage of.
Yeah, we're utilizing PRO for a shuttle, but last I checked they don't provide parking...hence my request for other options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013   #4

Oregon City, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1972
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d3vart View Post
Yeah, we're utilizing PRO for a shuttle, but last I checked they don't provide parking...hence my request for other options.
In similar circumstances, I've talked with the hotel (not for the GC, but for other rivers) and got permission to park--without making any promise that I or members of my party would be staying there. Invariably, a few did, but I think they'd have let us park out on the far edges of the parking lot anyway.
The Mogur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mogur View Post
In similar circumstances, I've talked with the hotel (not for the GC, but for other rivers) and got permission to park--without making any promise that I or members of my party would be staying there. Invariably, a few did, but I think they'd have let us park out on the far edges of the parking lot anyway.
That's a good suggestion, Mogur. Because we're not staying at one of the many Flag motels this time, we figured we couldn't utilize their parking lots like we usually do. But, worth a shot, especially if we say we're hoping to stay there after the trip (even if we don't).
Old 02-26-2013   #6

Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1990
Flagstaff AIrport has free long term parking in the outer lot, FYI! Have a great trip!
GC Guide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #7

Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1990
More details Here: City of Flagstaff Official Website - Airport Parking, Directions and Map
GC Guide is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ark