Got Surf? Pine Creek does. Watch the World's best surf in and out of the "hole" - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 06-21-2007   #1

Got Surf? Pine Creek does. Watch the World's best surf in and out of the "hole"

This YouTube clip is great, they hold on, surf in and out and swim. It was at 1800 cfs this year, which is way hard and super sticky. Great job Luke at AVDI on this video.

http://www.coloradokayak.com/FibArk-Boater-X-2007-DVD

I will take the sneak next time through.

bvwp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2007   #2

Durango, CO
Paddling Since: 1990
From reading RDNEK' s post you would think EJ got a beatdown. From watching the video it looked like EJ stomped it. I mean come on, he's throwing flips in there to set himself up for the next move. Everybody else is ragdolling in there and he's throwing moves ( in a creek boat )with control and composure ( whatever that means in that hole ) for a quick exit in spite of the fact he's got another boater on top of him. That ride deserves props. He looked like he was even having fun.
d.e. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #3

Seattle, Washington
Are you referring to the guy in the green boat? EJ's blog said he didn't compete.
Yonder_River is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2007   #4

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
First of all- yes, EJ did compete via the green boat, second- anyone and everyone who entered the hole got a beatdown....... EJ rocked it (as ushual) don't get me wrong, but to see the 'Father of Whitewater' get worked was absoloutly priceless!!!!
shuttelhunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #5

Boatin', Colorado
"The Father of Whitewater"?? Give me a break.

The dude is good, to say the least, but there were many before him.
Peev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #6

Arvada, Colorado
I wish they would hold that event on Saturday. any reason why they don't. Way better than watching rodeo.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #7

Salida, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peev View Post
"The Father of Whitewater"?? Give me a break.

The dude is good, to say the least, but there were many before him.
Hey now......your preaching to the choir, I will be one of many to admit that I am one of the lesser fans of the Jackson Mafia . Go harrass the journalists and critics that have dished out that particular label-
shuttelhunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007   #8
gh

pnw, Colorado
I went last year and it seemed stickier. Only a couple escaped last year once in the hole.
Old 06-21-2007   #9

Durango, CO
Paddling Since: 1990
What's priceless is that EJ is affable, approachable, passionate about paddling whether it be doing clinic's all over Colorado and the rest of the country, designing new gear or paddling a great river. He's commited his time and energy to help push kayaking into the future. So, yeah he's an ambassador of the sport. I've had the oppurtunity to meet EJ a couple of times and he has always friendly and entertaining. Kayaking is still fun to EJ. Sometimes when you want be ambitious, you gotta put a bullseye on your back. EJ has done it with class and style. No, I don't own a Jackson boat and may not ever buy one;this is not a plug. But I do think EJ is a cool guy,awesome paddler and he rocked Pine Creek Hole. As for the mafia thing? it's always great to have a tight crew, right?
d.e. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007   #10

The next zone, .
As far as EJ he seems to be a real good guy - great playboater. Paddled the lower bv hole with junior the other day and he can kill any hole. With that said.

Ej hit the pile of rocks pre hole - had a big lead but made a very, very, rookie mistake. Anytime you are in that hole IMO you are gettin beat down.

As far as "the Jacksion Mafia" they seem to hang out where they will be seen at playspots and the like. I have also been spendin my share of time up at Lake Creek and have yet to see a Jackson boat up there. May be timing but the "Pyrahna mafia and Demshitz" lap that shit then move to yule for more.

EJ is the best face for kayaking right now. Great family story that everyone loves. The best playboater out there - but when it comes to boater X in pine creek, or lapin yule or lake creek - There are guys who are gettin her done better than EJ.
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote