Mountain Buzz banner

Gore spiked to 600.

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  hobie 
#1 ·
Pretty cool to see it at that level in January. Maybe run it Sat.?

h

#4 ·
It used to get run pretty often in the winter. A few spots of ice but a lot like Bailey in the winter as far as snow/ice coverage. And come on, it's not that cold out. You can paddle it from put in to take out in an hour an a half to 2 hours. The last time I did it, Paul StRuth burned all the hair on his face while messing with white gas. We were all shroomed and as I paddled up and watched Paul do this I thought he was being a fire blower on purpose. As I approached and heard bill D. laughing so hard it was then I understood this was not on purpose but rather he was trying to blow out a fire he had started on the container and it flashed him. He smelt like burnt hair the whole run. If you eddied next to him you would die laughing (shrooms) his burnt up eyebrows, goatee, etc... And the smell. Oh my god, so funny. He was like that for maybe a week.
Ironically this is the same Paul that almost got whacked on Bailey and was saved by Dave Frank. The "pulled from the ice cave" story. That was some crazy shit as well. Anyway, it's all good up there.

hobie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.