Gore 2006 race results - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-21-2006   #1

Steamboat, Colorado
Gore 2006 race results

For Gore 2006 race results, go to:
https://mountainbuzz.com/events/gore/results_2006.pdf

You can also find this year's, plus 2005 and 2004 race results, on the official Gore Canyon race web site:
http://www.gorecanyon.com/

Huge thanks to Mark Joffe of RapidPulse, CWWA, New Belgium, Dagger, Fortress, and all the other sponsors, volunteers, and racers for an awesome event.

This year was top notch. Mark, thanks again for listening and addressing all of our concerns from last year. You da man!

frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2006   #2

Joffe for Prez!

It may have been said a few times already in other threads, but it's worth repeating. Joffe and everyone involved in putting this race together should be very proud of what they accomplished this past weekend.

Unfortunately I did not get to make it to Gore, but all the feedback I've heard has been AMAZINGLY POSITIVE and it all falls into one mans' lap...that being Joffe.

From BLM to Bonfires it seems that everyone worked to make this past weekend one to remember. I can't wait to see the footage from Warren Miller.

Thank you to all of the volunteers who helped to put this event on and a special thanks to Matt Salomon and the safety crew for taking the time to make sure the rest of you could safely enjoy the event.

JOFFE FOR PREZ!!!!!!
twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #3
bth

Gore Photos

Was there an "official photographer" or videographer this year? I know that there have been a few posts from people who took pics whil;e running safety, and that Warren Miller's crew was on the video end of things, but does anyone else have links to race coverage- still or video?
bth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2006   #4

Gore rapid photos from race?

This was my first year competing at Gore - what an amazing experience!

Did anyone out there happen to get pictures of rafters in national division at Gore rapid? We got pretty worked in Ginger, but managed to pull out of it - would love to see photos if they're out there!
tlmillerpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #5

golden
results

I was just wondering if the times to kurshbomb for the National and Citizens division time are comparable? Because the top citizens team had a really close time to Behind the 8-ball. Can those times be compared?
miker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #6

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1985
I was timing at Kirschbaum and yes we did take a split for the Nationals. Since we did this as a hand time I'll have to talk to Mark and see where the sheets are. I'll get something posted when I find them in all of our post race stuff.

Sam
Sam F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006   #7

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1985
Allright, Mark was one step ahead of us. If you go over to gorecanyon.com and click on the Teva Whitewater Cup page you will see the times with the split at kirsch.

Sam
Sam F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #8

golden
times

I am surprized to see how close the top citizens were to the top National team.
Old 08-23-2006   #9

to even compare the split times of the nationals teams with the citizens race is ludicrous... Think about it the rafters competing in the nationals still had a lot of water to go at the end of kirschbaum and had to pace themselves, whereas the citizens can get through tunnel and sprint to the end of kirschbaum no problem... although that's just my opinion
couloircat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006   #10

golden
times

I see what you mean but they must of had great lines! You have to give them that.