Good Creekin in June? - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-02-2004  

Good Creekin in June?

I'm coming out west from WV and was just wondering what would be some good creeks to run in June and where would be the best place to set up camp?

Appreciate any input anyone has to offer.

Thanks

S. Stewart

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2004  

Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1992
If you are driving that far I would seriously consider looking for somewhere else to paddle this summer! Right now our snow situation is only marginally better than 2002, which was pretty much the worst snowpack ever. I'd check the snow levels in other states...
Old 04-02-2004  
gh

pnw, Colorado
Saw a report today that said that it was the driest March since 1908.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2004  

legend
don't listen to these guys. just don't set up camp on the front range. the creeks in durango will be going off during the first two weeks of june. they have more snow than they did last year and it ran well last june. also, crested butte will be going well at the same time. (oh be joyfull, upper east, daisy, all will be running in early to mid june. let me know if you need more beta or places to camp.

nick wigston
303-413-8736
[email protected]
Old 04-05-2004  

legend
also let me know if you need someone to paddle with. i know what it's like to paddle in another state. i will be in durango and in crested butte during that time of year. there is some really good shit.
nick
Old 04-06-2004  
Charc in = charc out

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
exactly! the crystal drainages & the greater steamboat area will have good water this year as well. and lake creek will run because of the diversion from the other side ...

i remember 2 summers ago, during what everyone refers to as the worst year ever, we were running plenty of different creeks well into june.
Old 04-08-2004  

Automotive Engineering
Send a message via MSN to dtom
I'll bet the crystal will be sweet in late june, what with this dodgy snowpack and all. I'm a Carbondale weekend warrior, give a ring if you make it over thisaway for a saturday or sunday run.

Tom

Old 04-09-2004  

Eagle, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to matts Send a message via MSN to matts Send a message via Yahoo to matts Send a message via Skype™ to matts
yeah sammy! we'll get'r dun when you get out here! i'll be in vail for the teva games the first week, then around for about 2 weeks, then back in july...so on my days off we'll find whats running....how long are you around?

other folks reading this - sam is a solid boater, ran real man's with him last spring and worked with him on the upper g...he's boated most of the good stuff in west virginia...

peace.