Golden! - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-18-2006   #1

Erie, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Golden!

I noticed that Golden is over 100 now - is that runnable? Do you need to wait till 200 before you can run the whole park?

CUBuffskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2006   #2

oh yeah
the golden park is runnable down to ~37.25 cfs. enjoy.

-dan
danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #3

Totally runnable. There is a bike/running path down the whole thing.

Cha Cha Chaaa.

Did somebody say they were going to work on the Library Hole?
matty1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2006   #4

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
You can float a boat down the whole thing, maybe a bit of scraping in the middle section. I hit a few cartwheels in the bleacher hole yesterday. The rock in it makes it a bit challenging. Its not paddling nirvana, but warm days, cool water and a little surfing sure are good.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #5

At 65cfs I boated from the RVpark put in to the Libary hole,drug a few times but that is what happens when your in a boat your 40lbs to heavy for.

They did concrete work at the libary hole and the one below Wash. street last week before the CSM icebreaker fest, made them better from what I understand.
rasdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #6

Engineer, Vail
I was there on sunday at about the same level, the top two drops have small waves you can almost surf, Bleacher hole is not very good for much of anything, the hole below that is really good for flatspinning left, and the hole below that is really fast and turbulent, but I was able to a couple cartwheels, but there are rocks. Never checked out library hole but heard they did some repairs on it. Its not worth the drive from F.C right now for me although it was alot of fun, I will wait untlill atleast 200 for next time. Have fun!!!
kakahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #7

student
The Library hole has been fixed. We just have to see what happens when the water rises, but it is a good low water feature right now (water is still pretty damn low though).

With the little money and time Gary Lacey had, the hole has been fixed, but could still use some work to prepare for the predicted high flows this summer. There are rocks upon rocks right next to the library whole that could be put to good use. If anybody wants to help this weekend, I am happy to lend a hand.

Predict:

5 people = 3 hours
10 people = 1.5 hours
20 people = 1 hour + a misty

I am talking about the rocks river left above the hole.

Anyway, I should be studying. Rasdoggy, that is the funniest thing you have ever posted......just stand there..got a laugh out of that one.
howlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlie
The Library hole has been fixed. We just have to see what happens when the water rises, but it is a good low water feature right now (water is still pretty damn low though).

With the little money and time Gary Lacey had, the hole has been fixed, but could still use some work to prepare for the predicted high flows this summer. There are rocks upon rocks right next to the library whole that could be put to good use. If anybody wants to help this weekend, I am happy to lend a hand.

Predict:

5 people = 3 hours

10 people = 1.5 hours
20 people = 1 hour + a misty

I am talking about the rocks river left above the hole.

Anyway, I should be studying. Rasdoggy, that is the funniest thing you have ever posted......just stand there..got a laugh out of that one.
Howlie, it's Matt. B2's ring a bell. Call me sometime about paddling. I talked to George last week. He is still in California but looking forward to coming back. I would be up for Shoshone or a numbers run when it hits 500. I don't think Alrubay will be paddling much this summer because of Mtn. Biking, fun fun.

If this is not Eric then never mind.
matty1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #9

student
Biking is for people in good shape...Losers. I haven't talked to George in a long time. PM me your number, as I lost a lot of numbers when I decided to make a call with my celly in the local play hole.
howlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006   #10

Indian Hills, Colorado
illl move a rock or 2. what day/time?
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote