Going to Vail area in June: Best places to playboat and rent gear ? - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 02-28-2012   #1

Potomac Falls, Virginia
Paddling Since: 2007
Going to Vail area in June: Best places to playboat and rent gear ?

I need some help. Im going to be going to Vail in late June for a week and I need to optimize the best play parks and features in a 2 hour area. Some spots I would like to hit would be Glennwood but thats all I know of beside the one in Vail village. Where are the best parks and what is the best spot where I can rent the most up to date equipment (Rockstars)?
Thank you
Patrick

pryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012   #2

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Good shop would be Alpine Quest.

Steamboat is about 2 hours so you could add the town run for the C&D holes and they did more work on them this winter. Also would add Buena Vista as its within your range. South Canyon wave can be in which is below shoshonee but not as far down as Glenwood on the Colorado. Don't remember the outcome of the Lawson hole rework, but that is within your driving limit and used to be my favorite hole when I lived down there.

Glenwood (single feature) and BV park probably get the most hype and justifiably so.
kayakfreakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012   #3

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Avon 5 or 10 miles west of Vail has a park that has had pro competitions,supposed to be better than Vail. You can easily check out a couple spots that are good at some flows behind the rodeo grounds in Eagle, apx. 20 minutes west of Vail on the way to Glenwood .
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012   #4

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by cayo 2 View Post
Avon 5 or 10 miles west of Vail has a park that has had pro competitions,supposed to be better than Vail. You can easily check out a couple spots that are good at some flows behind the rodeo grounds in Eagle, apx. 20 minutes west of Vail on the way to Glenwood .
Totally forgot about that, it's just part of a dowd chute run bob's wave is really fun.
kayakfreakus is offline   Reply With Quote