Gnarly way to go... - Mountain Buzz

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2005   #1

Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Gnarly way to go...

Here is the clip from the Ft Collins "coloradoan" news paper.

Frenchy and I were on the way back from the Big South, when we noticed a big scene at Super Collider. My first thought was that a boater didn't make it... but low and behold some woman commited suicide by driving off the road straight down into Super Collider!!!

WOW... Talk about Class V!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The woman whose body was found Tuesday inside a car submerged in the Poudre River was identified as Cindy A. Kuchenbrod of Loveland.

The drowning death was ruled a suicide by the Larimer County Coroner’s Office.

Kuchenbrod, 56, was reported missing Sunday by family members, said Linda Wheeler-Holloway, an investigator with the Coroner’s Office. How long her vehicle had been in the river before being spotted Tuesday afternoon was not clear.

“She made statements to family members that indicated she had a suicidal ideology,” Wheeler-Holloway said. “She was unhappy about things in her personal life.”

Kuchenbrod, 56, was a special education teacher, said Charles Kuchenbrod, her former husband.

“She loved working with kids,” he said. “That’s how she defined herself.”

She enjoyed camping and the outdoors, and spent a lot of time at Long Draw Reservoir, which is near the top of Poudre Canyon.

Kuchenbrod’s survivors include her parents, Stephen and Margaret Smith of Idaho Springs, and two children, John Mark and Daisy Ann Kuchenbrod. Services are pending.

Kuchenbrod was eastbound on Colorado Highway 14 when her car went off the right side of the road, down a 60-foot embankment and into the river, according to the Colorado State Patrol. The wreck occurred in the Upper Narrows portion of Poudre Canyon.

The car, a 1999 Toyota Camry, floated about 500 feet down river before coming to a stop, submerged in the fast-moving water.

Evidence at the scene did not indicate excessive speed was a factor in the crash, according to a CSP report. There were no skid marks on the roadway.

Recovering the vehicle from the swift-moving water took about five hours and required the use of a crane.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2005   #2

Laramie, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1992
Sheesh, at least she didn't hit anyone else. If you gotta go just do the running car in the garage trick, shit, people do that one all the time on accident!
Old 07-21-2005   #3

Someone should notify Ms. Kuchenbrod that dumping her car in the river is bad for the environment and we do not want to find her scrapmetal in our rivers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2005   #4

Golden, Colorado
Does anyone know if she ran the left line or did she go for a boof off that scary rock?

Fisher Honda in Boulder only offered me $100 for my Chevy Beretta as a trade-in so I'm looking for something short and steep (and roadside) to run. I'm thinking the left line is the way to go.

Thanks.
Old 07-21-2005   #5

Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Although very rough... that is hilarious!!!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
Old 07-21-2005   #6

C'mon, that's a little harsh guys.

So it's a big loss if it's aboater but hillarious if it's a non-boater?

Just surprised hearing those comments from the same forum that spent hundreds of posts on how tragic a loss can be and just how valuable and precious life can be.

So make up your minds and watch your karma.
Old 07-21-2005   #7

Golden, Colorado
Suicide isn't an accident. The way that this lady did it was some kind of grand-standing. Sounds like she watched Thelma & Louise one too many times. I don't feel bad making fun of her. I'll give her 10 points and I'll drink a shot of tequila with her when I see her in hell. I wish I had the video.
Old 07-21-2005   #8

Duhrango
I felt bad for the woman that lost control of her motorcycle and drowned in the Narrows. This one was by choice and I don't feel so bad about it. It's a shame and it fucks up those she left behind but it was done intentionally so WTF? Wonder if she got in a boof off the road?
Old 07-21-2005   #9

crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo
....what a bunch of pricks....her choice or not... you guys are fucking pricks....
Old 07-21-2005   #10

There is 2 pages of people bitching about a fridge near the river. This is a whole car plus gas and oil in the river. Hidden scrap metal?
Closed Thread