Giving away P-vest for a case of BEER and... - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 06-25-2006   #1

Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
Giving away P-vest for a case of BEER and...

I have a L/XL P-vest (rescue vest) that I'm giving away for a case of beer (my choice). It's a used vest but still floats 180 lbs just fine. I want to give it to somebody that is tight on cash and is really wanting to get into creeking. Post your story here and I'll let the Mountain Buzzers help me decide who gets it.

erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2006   #2

don't need the vest, but....

I just moved to the Denver area from Athens, GA and couldn't help but reply to the home team. Lookin' to do some boating as well. Go Dawgs!
AYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006   #3

Lyons, Colorado
You got it!!! Send me a PM and I'll get you my number. GO Dawgs!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2006   #4

Lyons, Colorado
No takers???
Old 06-26-2006   #5

did you get the new one??
K2boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006   #6

sob story

alright here it goes( i'll try to keep it short).....

last summer i decided i needed to move to colorado to improve my boating skills. had $700 to my name, bought a $500 car and headed west. never owned a boat of my own, only personal gear. took till mid summer to finally (after 4 years of teaching the sport) get a boat of my own. paddled the numbers for the first time.....amazing! during the run the bottom buckle of my pfd broke and the fit system on my helmet......duct tape and zip ties go a long way! borrowed gear for the remainder of the summer.

land a great paying job near moab for the winter, plans to get new gear.....they lay me off after two months (after busting ass for them) i did manage to buy a new paddle. move to fruita, land a crappy paying job.

move back to salida for this summer. takes a month to get my first paycheck, can't afford to drive my car to and from my house. live out of a tent for a week......meanwhile the jerks from my moab job won't send my w-2 (i can't file my taxes and get my return), my last paycheck from my winter job gets lost in the mail, and my landlord who promised to send my deposit to me in the mail never does so. finally get my first paycheck of the summer. things are looking good andthen my car breaks down right before fibark. they want $400 to fix it. i junked it. i'm now living out of a tent and a bike. to add to the fun work is skipping a pay period, so i have to wait a month to get paid again.....

so whataya think......
sun_shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006   #7
&d

gunnison, Colorado
sun_shine:
sheesh man, ive lived through such similiar trauma im contemplating loaning you my XXX until you get a boat of your own.. PM me or come to gunnison
&d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006   #8

Lyons, Colorado
Sun_Shine, Wow, I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune. "Count" sent me a PM a couple of days ago and I didn't see any response to my offer so I promised it to him. Just your luck...right? Just to let you know, he too seems a very qualified recipient. He said it may be too big, however. So he's going to come try it on. If it doesn't fit then it's still up for grabs and your the first in line unless others post here. I hope things get better for you. I'll look around for any other gear I might be able to send your way.

Derek, I wore my new T-shirt all weekend in honor of the Shows. Can't wait til WP at WP.
Old 06-29-2006   #9

Thank You!

Thanks to all the people who PMed me offering gear!
Makes me proud to be part of a community thats so generous and would go out of their way to get a total stranger on the river.
sun_shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006   #10

Lyons, Colorado
Super cool!! Count.....I'm waiting for my vest. I'll let you know as soon as it arrives.

Tags
beer