Get your lost boat B4 it gets sold! - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-28-2010   #1

Paddling Since: 1993
Get your lost boat B4 it gets sold!

Claim your boat before it pays this guys truck payment for AUG!!!
ksl.com - Classifieds for Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming
Good luck!

h2obro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2010   #2

Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 02
I only check the buzz and EF generally. If someone(members of other forums) were to spread the word to other forums, it would probably help with the boat/owner reunification.
Old 07-29-2010   #3

Cody, Wyoming
i posted the link above on the Idaho Whitewater Yahoo group, is there anything closer to SLC?

obviously i don't know the whole story of this guys efforts tracking down the owner, but just posting it for sale one week after finding it (as stated in his ad) indicates he has no respect for river karma. i sent him a personal email asking him to look harder for the owner, and to enlist the help of his local paddle shop(s). to profit off someone else's misfortune on the river would be seriously bad karma IMO. later.
pbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2010   #4

Thanks pbow.
Glad you followed up. I didn't have time when I posted here. Hopefully this guy will get it back to whom ever it belongs.
-Christo
Old 07-29-2010   #5
Owner: Class 5 Carvings

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Don't think its going anywhere for 400 bucks, looks like it was bent in half, I wouldn't pay more than 100 bucks for it. The actual owner should have plenty of time to claim it.
Old 07-29-2010   #6

Cody, Wyoming
the guy replied to my email, and is actively looking for the owner. i think his intent is better than that implied by the poor wording in his ad. i did apologize to him for passing judgment, and i encouraged him to exhaust all means possible to find the owner.

i have found significant river booty (https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f...cho-25765.html), but i personally would never sell something i found on the river. i do use this pad on occasion, but if anyone knows who lost it i will still gladly return it to the owner. i almost considered trading the found paco pad once, but this discussion string has heightened my awareness of how that would have been wrong.

so anyone loose a paco pad on the upper c in 2009? i still have it and will gladly return if you can accurately describe it. later.
pbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010   #7

Now i'm starting to feel all warm and fuzzy inside. To bad my 1:30 Clear Creek trip @ 135 cfs w/ fatties from Texas will douse that feeling. Easy come, Easy Go!