Gear swap swindle? - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-29-2010   #1

Gear swap swindle?

Sold some dry bags to a New Mexico guy named Bryan Lott weeks ago and I have not been paid yet. What ever happened to the brothers of the river thing? Has anyone else been burned selling gear on Mountain Buzz? Anyone know of an address for this guy?

IBISBUILDERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2010   #2

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I "sold" him some oar extenders in May and have not received payment. Poor form. I will look up what address I have for him.
kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010   #3

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
*Admin Deleted*
kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2010   #4

Kate, how much does this guy owe you? He does not owe me much but the principle of the issue is what bothers me.
IBISBUILDERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010   #5

Student
yo

I work with him. I'll pass this post along. He is a good guy, I'm sure he will sort things out. Atom...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBISBUILDERS View Post
Kate, how much does this guy owe you? He does not owe me much but the principle of the issue is what bothers me.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010   #6

Durango, CO
Paddling Since: 1997
Thanks Atom for the note regarding this thread!

I am so sorry! both of your checks were mailed, as far as I know the same day, at the same time...which would have been around July 8th (7th?) not sure.

Firstly, I'm sorry that neither of you have your money. I'm certainly not a swindler or a scam artist, and I'm not really sure what is going on. I got a scary email from "ibisbuilders" today saying that he's going to pursue legal action or something...so I called my bank. neither check has been cashed (obviously) but really, I don't know where they are.

I'm really not a scam artist. sure, I should have been on this sooner, but I just figured the drunk postal carriers in New Mexico fucked something up and the checks would show up either retruned to me or to each of you. I have tons of gear selling and buing transactions on TGR and MTBR and other gear-swap sites but for some reason the two of you seem to be getting screwed by me...honestly NOT my intention. All of my other transactions on other sites have been smooth, except where some guy didn't pay me, and like you...I was pissed.

I cancelled both the checks today after Ibis' scary/threatening email, and have, sitting here on my kitchen table a new check for "ibis builders" (MS)....this was (honestly) done before I got a note from Atom telling me to check this thread out.

If either of you have payapal I can pay you as soon as you give me the operating email address. if not, know that the checks will be put in the mail (again) first thing tomorrow morning. Kate, I especially apologize to you as you...as you super-hooked me up and I did tell you (like two weeks ago) that I would look into the missing check. I figured as it never came back "returned to sender" to me and I didn't hear from you again that you had received it. Not an excuse, but that's what I thought....also..it was June 15th that I messaged you (according to my mbuzz sent-items folder)..not may....neverthelss, poor-form indeed.

I don't know what else to say. I'm certainly not a scam artist. Maybe a little slow sometimes (wtf? it's 250cfs down here on the rio). If it'll make you feel better I can take pictures of your envelopes with stamps on 'em or something tonight.

again...I'm sorry that you both seem to be getting the shaft here. and really, I promise that i will re-send the checks first thing in the AM. If it makes you feel any better, I would be pissed off also if some douchebag didn't pay me for gear. so, fair enough that you posted this thread. once you have the cash I'd appreciate it if the admins pulled this thread down...as I'm really not the type of person that doesn't pay for gear.

I apologize again to you both, and I don't know what else to say, other than I'm sorry and I promise you that the checks are "in the mail"...again...if you have paypal give me the email address and I'll shoot you the payment immediately.

Lastly (phew) thanks to Atom for alerting me to this thread and for the kind words.
BLott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010   #7

Fanta Se', New Mexico
Paddling Since: 2007
Ja..... That dang guy owes me for an oar..... and I ow him for a dry-box.... 250 hu?
Lt Col Pinkerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010   #8

Durango, CO
Paddling Since: 1997
but, to be honest with Lt Pinkerton...the oar was only half yours and the exploded dry box did it's job, protecting the sunglasses and safety materials within from the wrath of a surly river guide and a econoline van.

hope you had a good one schlepping starlets around the lake.
BLott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010   #9
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
That's a lot of excuses for a purchase made in May. Send Kate the money, New Mexico. She's a really nice lady who doesn't need to get screwed over by some broke chump.

"Oh, the mailman must have screwed up so I cancelled the checks way before this thing ever happened." You sound full of shit man.
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010   #10

Louisville, Colorado
I sold B Lott some oars in April, he paid up front in cash, and seemed like a pretty nice guy. Were posts like this in public really necessary? you couldn't call him??

Bryan - hope the family is having fun on the river!
catwoman is offline   Reply With Quote