Gear ripped off in Browns Canyon - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-29-2009   #1

Gear ripped off in Browns Canyon

I have been a photographer in Browns Canyon for a few years. In that time I keep a Watershed dry bag with important gear like a Patagonia jacket, Helly Hansen rain pants, Nike sneakers, long underwear, fleece sweaters, and other gear to help stay warm and dry. Just yesterday I went to retrieve my drybag, and found that my gear and spare raft paddles all were missing. Other gear like water bottles and a tent pole were still there, even the lucky Dales Pale Ale was still there.
So now I think who stole my shit since Sept 7th? Maybe just someone who thought it floated down and randomly landed there, maybe some Eagle Scout was scouting the fierce rapids of Zoom in the past 3 weeks and plans on returning it. No calls yet.
The only redeeming thought is that old man river will beat the person down in front of me next year as I shoot their pics. Need I continue? If you retrieved my gear, please return it, either back at Zoom Flume, or at 317 E. Main St. in BV.

luckyluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2009   #2
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
So you left the shit there for 3 weeks?
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009   #3

Cisco, Utah
Paddling Since: Dawn
Maybe it got towed
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2009   #4
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Dude's name is Lucky. That's like being named Princess Die....

Just kidding man, I hate when people take what isn't theirs.
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #5

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
If you are a photographer at Zoom then you know how many people use that stretch, even in the off season. NOT saying whoever took it was right in doing so, karma will come back to them eventually. But, 3 weeks? If I left anything on public lands for 3 weeks, I wouldn't have too high of expectations for it to still be there.
Good luck.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #6

Maybe 3 weeks is too long, but it was there for 4 months since May 1. It is an obvious stash with other gear.

I see it as flat out rude to take it.
Old 09-30-2009   #7

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
That sucks Luke. Time to get as giant hollow rock to stash your gear in! I hate leaving anything alone when I run shuttle, even here in BV. It's the easterner in me that is used to people taking anything that is not nailed down! Hell, I was sketched the one time I left my raft and gear at the play park when we ran to get the truck back at Numbers put in this spring.

Just a thought, check with AHRA just in case they picked it up. I doubt it, as I would expect them to pick up the other stuff too, but stranger things have happened!
Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #8

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhere View Post
Just a thought, check with AHRA just in case they picked it up. I doubt it, as I would expect them to pick up the other stuff too, but stranger things have happened!
Good idea. Someone else might have picked it up and turned it in as well. Check this thread for their contact info: https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f...ber-25733.html
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #9

Thanks for the advice, I logged it with Heather today. Nothing turned in since Aug 9th.
Old 10-01-2009   #10
ec

A-Town!, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Just like I teach my kid...take good care of your stuff, otherwise you won't have stuff! I would never leave anything like that and expect it to be there when I wanted it back. Too many goons with the finders-keepers mentality out there.
ec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browns, browns canyon