GC Trip Planning - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-02-2006   #1

GC Trip Planning

As you plan your upcoming GC trip under the new regulations, remember
that GCPBA offers several forums on its Web site, which can help
people find trips and recruit participants.

Take a look at
http://www.gcpba.org/component/optio...ard/Itemid,37/ and
see if posting on one of the forums will help you as you put your trip
together.

Rich Phillips
VP, GCPBA

richp is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2006   #2

golden
Rich

Are their still any chances to get leftover permits?

At the GCNP login site it says I am still eligable for followup lotteries.
miker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006   #3

Miker,

There were about a dozen unclaimed winter dates after the lottery was run. It's likely that a few other dates awarded in the lottery will not ultimately be claimed. Those will be re-lotteried, if I understand things correctly.

That means you should get your profile current, check off the block saying you want to be considered for cancellations and unclaimed dates, and hope for the best.

I'll be meeting with Steve Sullivan from the GC River Office this weekend. If I can, I'll get some details on where things are headed now that the main lottery is over.

Have a good one.

Rich Phillips
VP, GCPBA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2006   #4

golden
I did check the box for consideration of leftover permits.

Am I still eligible for leftover dates other than my preferred dates?
Old 11-02-2006   #5

Hi,

As I understand the new system, you and others who checked that box are eligible to be re-drawn in another lottery. If your name is drawn, they will contact you and offer you a trip from the available dates remaining.

As I said, I may have a better handle on this after this weekend. I'll post here what I learn.

Have a good one.

Rich Phillips
VP, GCPBA
Old 11-02-2006   #6

golden
Thanks Rich
Old 11-03-2006   #7

I know a buddy of mine "threw back" an early March launch date. He never should have put in for that date, it was too soon for him (to coordinate that much time off) not to mention it is in the middle of ski season! Still, it hurt to throw it back in the pool.

But it is out there for y'all!
sandbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #8

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1985
Grand Cn question

Hi Rich,
Thanks for the gcpba website info. I have a general question for you. Can a private boater (non-TL), on private permits, float the Grand more than one trip a year under the new regulations?
Thanks, Kim
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006   #9

Hi Kim,

One trip a year starting in 2007 -- commercial or private -- makes no difference.

Rich
Old 11-04-2006   #10

Father of illegitimate San Juan sasquatch children, Climax. CO
Hi rich,
Thanks for all your help so far.
-I am sorry to say that I am completely disappointed in the new system. Feels like 2/3 of the people that got a permit were never on the waitlist or they have been down the river in the last five years.
-Feels like all the people that were formerly on the waitlist got screwwed!
-We have been waiting for so long to get, yet again, shafted!
-I know that a few people that had years of extra chances got a permit and I am happy for them. But what happens when 7000 people jump on to the lottery and the people that waited years get drowned out again even more. Maybe 1/20 of the people that are awarded permits that 7000 applicant year will be former waitlist participants.
-How are the leftovers from this lottery handled? Does all 2300 people left hanging get to try for the seven dates or so left?
-If I go on one of my friends trips down the grand next year does that mean all my extra chances will be voided? Maybe doing that is better than actually trying to get my own permit cause at this point I doubt that will ever happen.
Sorry to bitch, But there are so many unanswered questions and once those are answered new ones seem to just creep up.
Thanks for any insight, Johnny
floaty22 is offline   Reply With Quote