Galaxy Cooler formerly known as Icee Cool - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 07-07-2009   #1

flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 89
Galaxy Cooler formerly known as Icee Cool

Galaxy Coolers are back on the market. galaxycoolers.blogspot.com for shapes and prices.

95% of the outfitters in the Grand Canyon use them extensively, because having ice after 20 days in July is a beautiful thing

It must be tough battling in a cooler market full of multi-millionaires, I hope he makes it!

Support Colorado small business if you need a great cooler!

Brady

moetown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2009   #2

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
galaxy coolers

these are great coolers and yesterday i saw one of the new generation. looks alright to me. i don't think i'll ever deal with "marty" again though. he sold me a cooler last winter that had been welded on the inside. he told me about this repair and i still wanted it. i got it home and discovered a lot of other problems with the cooler that weren't mentioned. he told me that he was getting a new shipment this summer and he would trade it out with me. so, i kept in touch with him, he quit answering my phone calls, unless i called from a random number. when i did finally get ahold of him again, guess what, no new cooler for me. seems he isn't in control of the "assets" so he can't remedy the situation that he created by not disclosing all the problems with the crappy cooler he sold me. i really like the coolers and think they are the best but watch your ass with this guy. they aren't a durango manufacturing company anyway, he resells asian built coolers. never the less, the quality of the old ones is great, but don't expect any warranties or service. i went against what everyone in town told me and tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and he ended up being true to his reputation.
coloradopaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009   #3

flagstaff, Arizona
[quote=coloradopaddler;150975]these are great coolers and yesterday i saw one of the new generation. looks alright to me.

i don't think i'll ever deal with "marty" again though. he sold me a cooler last winter that had been welded on the inside. he told me about this repair and i still wanted it. i got it home and discovered a lot of other problems with the cooler that weren't mentioned.

Like what?

i really like the coolers and think they are the best but watch your ass with this guy.

If he sells you an obvious second for cheap while he's trying to feed his family he may not want to give you a brand new one?

he told me that he was getting a new shipment this summer and he would trade it out with me. so, i kept in touch with him, he quit answering my phone calls, unless i called from a random number. when i did finally get ahold of him again, guess what, no new cooler for me. seems he isn't in control of the "assets" so he can't remedy the situation that he created by not disclosing all the problems with the crappy cooler he sold me.

"i really like the coolers and think they are the best but watch your ass with this guy.?"

i really like the coolers and think they are the best but watch your ass with this guy.

they aren't a durango manufacturing company anyway, he resells asian built coolers.

Which cooler company isn't selling foreign coolers? That's the biz.
Yeti-Phillipines, Engel? Gott Crap

never the less, the quality of the old ones is great(????), but don't expect any warranties or service.

i went against what everyone in town told me and tried to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and he ended up being true to his reputation.

I hope he proves you wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2009   #4

Oak Creek, CO (noon bell, bitches), Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Yo Moetown, I have a similar story. Marty told me he was getting a shipment in this June and that he would call me about replacing my cooler lid that was clawed through by a bear on the MFS. Last year we called and sent it into him after he told us it was under warranty and that he would get us a new lid for free... we even told him we'd pay for it. Well, no response after we sent in the lid. Not for a whole year. Then out of the blue he calls me and tells me his story about almost losing the company but that the outfitters on the Grand saved him. And that we'll have our new lid in June. He'll call to follow up. I forgave him and got on the buzz and wrote in about how impressed I was with his service. Well... I still don't have a lid so and haven't heard a word. maybe I spoke too soon on clearing up his bum rap. I wish we just had the clawed up cooler lid. At least then we could have something to show for the $300 we coughed up for our deposit on the cooler that we rented- shit I would have fixed it myself had I known we'd lose the deposit anyway. So Moetown, tell your boy Marty to give me a call about that Cooler lid and I will again, repost about my great impression. 303-956-6272
The thing you are confusing is that the coolers ARE awesome, it just seems that the customer service isn't
Jackie
ritatheraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009   #5

flagstaff, Arizona
tell your boy Marty to give me a call about that Cooler lid and I will again, repost about my great impression. 303-956-6272
The thing you are confusing is that the coolers ARE awesome, it just seems that the customer service isn't
Jackie[/quote]

Not my boy, not your secretary, good luck
Old 07-08-2009   #6

not your boy... then why the strong words of defense? just thought with such faith maybe you could pass along the word that folks are waiting for promises to be filled, or do I need to be a GC outfitter to get some service? I very much want my lid back, claws or no, so I will keep posting my experiences with Marty so that people know if he is good on his word or not.
thanks
Old 07-08-2009   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritatheraft View Post
he would call me about replacing my cooler lid that was clawed through by a bear on the MFS.

The warranty applys even if a bear claws through the lid???
Sounds like a GREAT warranty!
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009   #8

Rich, As I mentioned, the cooler was rented. We just needed to fix it in order to hold up our end of the bargain with the University of Utah, or eat the deposit, which we have done. I contacted him about a PAID repair and he told me that the cooler had a guarantee and it would be a free replacement. I do not have a cooler lid now period, paid, free, nothing. I have an excellent base of a cooler. I also sent him, with the lid, photos of the cooler's damage and our excitement about the bear not being able to actually get through the cooler. We raved about the product. Again, the product isn't the issue. It is trying to get a response on fixing something that for a $300 pricetag, should be possible to fix and has been promised to be fixed. Seriously, please tell me if I am being unreasonable here. Again, I will pay for the repair or replacement.
Old 07-08-2009   #9

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
The warranty applys even if a bear claws through the lid???
Sounds like a GREAT warranty!
It is a great warranty... if it's actually honored.

I flyfish, and all high-end rod manufacturers have no-fault warranties. Slam it in the door? No problem. Slip and fall on your rod? No problem. I've enjoyed this kind of warranty for years. The difference? The manufacturers actually deliver.
Old 07-08-2009   #10

Jenks, Oklahoma
Been following this thread with a lot of interest.

I have a icee kool unit that has served me well for several years. It no longer fits my new frame.

Was thinking about a new cooler unit since the blog talks about 160 qt units that will fit in the bottom of my 38 inch wide frame bottom.

Heres the deal. Warranties are not worth a hoot if the management will not honor them.

Now we have a couple posts here where the management is not honoring their warranty and that bothers me a lot.

I am not a grand canyon outfitter and never will be. But, if I pay the high cost for a product I expect to get good customer service, not a run around from the management.

I just had a very old no longer in production princeton tech flash light stop working. Emailed Princeton Tech, they said send it back, no questions asked. After a week I just got it back and it looks like new and works like a champ. That is the kind of service I expect when I pay full retail for a product.

I do not know if the Galaxy management reads the Buzz or not. But, if they care about expanding their business past the few Grand Canyon outfitters who buy their product, the management needs to cut out the excuses and start taking care of their customers. Yup, even us private run of the mill rafter types
okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coolers, galaxy