Gaco Flex - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-05-2012   #1

Greeley, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1988
Gaco Flex

I would guess this has been covered many times previously but does anyone know where I can obtain gacoflex in Hyside blue in small quantities? Or, as a second option, does System 6 come in Hyside Blue and where can I purchase it? I bought an older boat and would like to improve it's aesthetics if I can. Thanks. Dave

Advertisement

Old 04-05-2012   #2

e-town, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
I was just about to put a post up about this. I can't seem to find gaco anymore and was looking at the system 6 from man of rubber, they also have the brush on wear patches. I am trying to add another layer of black gaco to the bottom of my older hyside, as well as add some blue to the top. I was also thinking about getting styly and using white gaco to cover some wear spots and adding some design to it. Any beta would be great.
liquidchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #3

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
I bought some years ago from Inflatable Restoration and Repair in Howard, just outside of Salida. I would give Eric a call and see if he still sells Gaco.
salsasean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2012   #4

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
System 6

I have found that system 6 is a better and more durable product than Gaco Flex. I know that it does come in any color under the sun including hyside blue. Man of Rubber does sell it but if you are looking for some thing local Rocky Mountain Adventures, in Fort Collins, sells it as well. Hope this helps.
Old 04-07-2012   #5

The only way I know of to get gacoflex is to contact the distributor directly, Western Gaco 1-800-331-0196, or www.gaco.com/H22. It is not cheap, you must buy at least one gallon and it only comes in white or black unless you order more than 50 gallons. It has been a couple of years, but I paid something like $165/gallon plus haz-mat shipping. Hope this helps.
daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012   #6

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Do they provide info on how to tint it at your local home depot?
Old 04-07-2012   #7
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Gaco only comes in very large amounts these days. Blue is no longer available. Hyside has been working hard on the tinting process and hope to be selling blue later this month. I would contact them directly.
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012   #8

e-town, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
I just ordered some rubber paint and top side paint from inlnd marine. It is the only comparable thing that has been reccomended. man of rubber had some other products that were more expensive, I would love to hear if anyone has used them.
liquidchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012   #9

Greeley, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1988
Thanks to all

Thanks for the responses everyone-it is much appreciated.