Futaleufu Forecasting - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-10-2006   #1

Futaleufu Forecasting

Hey folks......

Does anyone have links to water level / snowpack information relative to the FU?

Any information would be helpful including which specific regional snowpack information is relevant to flows....I am aware that varying hydro requirements affect levels, but was hoping to put together some type of crystal ball for early Feb.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-C

MAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2006   #2

engineer
Don’t know if this helps, but I called a local Fu guide service today (setting up a trip). They have a gauge near camp, and a good strong reading is 80. They said the gauge was at 240 today and no one was on the river.. i.e. BIG !

I guess the lake is nearly full and they are letting a lot of water out of the damn. There has been two weeks of rain plus the snowmelt. They said that it comes down pretty quick after it stops raining..

It would be cool to find a gauge on the web somewhere...
bouldrmatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #3

Yo MAGS

Whats up, Saw your post on the buzz. I just sent you an email about a link that gives weather forecasts in the FU Valley. I have been tryin to find info on the flows. I have been told the best way is to just contact a local outfitter. We''l be on the FU in a couple of weeks Hell yaaa!
Later
Brian
bfelse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2006   #4

engineer
uh You talkin to me or MAGS ?

Brian in Montana ? Formally in Ft Collins ?
bouldrmatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #5

FU

Sorry about that I was talkin to MAGS.
Peace
Old 01-12-2006   #6

Arvada, 80003
Paddling Since: 2002
I will be there too! thats right no jokein Felse. You better watch out cause I'm going to track down you boys, and me and the rest of the kids are going to show you how its done!

I hope I meet up with you boys.
TheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #7

What kind of young punk smack are you talkin about? Are you sure your parents well let you leave the house for that long? Are you really going down at the end of Jan or are you just wishin.
B
Old 01-13-2006   #8

Hey Read whats your number. Gator and I need to get our neck gaskets replaced in our dry tops. Can you hook us up still? What's up with Mtn Miser/ Let me know. Are you really going down to the FU?
Peace
Felse
Old 01-13-2006   #9

The next zone, .
I am looking foward to a trip as well the "neck" possie has a flight down in late Feb!! not sure if they have hi life or not dowm there but I sure am fired up to find out -
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006   #10

Asheville, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 98
No high life but they do have these little green cans called "Cristal" aka "Green Life." Its pretty good but they go flat kinda fast. Also try "Escudo" a little more high end stays frothy longer. Other redneck activities in Futa consist of asados (cooking your goat on an open fire) and the occasional mullet hair cut (super popular down south). You guys will fit right in.
bowen is offline   Reply With Quote