Fraser Canyon in an oar rig? - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-03-2007   #1
JBL

Gnarnia, Colorado
Fraser Canyon in an oar rig?

Anyone run Fraser Canyon in an oar rig? Good to go?

JBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2007   #2

Tabernash, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
We ran the Fraser a bunch two seasons ago when the water wasn't diverted to Denver until late June. We always ran paddleboats and kayaks, because there's a river-wide cable at the guage in Tabernash that could easily hang-up an oar-rig. I have heard there is also a giant log strainer just below Thumper (Class III) - it was above the rapid two years ago and we had to portage each time we ran it, but it has since dropped down and needs to be removed, z-dragged to one side of the river or, at least, portaged. Depending on where exactly the log is would determine whether portaging is even a possibility. I am hoping that we have another season as awesome as two years ago, but I wouldn't recommend running it in an oar-rig
CWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote