Fort Collins area boaters! - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-29-2012   #1

St. George, Utah
Paddling Since: 1996
Fort Collins area boaters!

Any folks in the FoCo area know how I can get my little
Trib 9.5 sb home to Utah. I bought her from Sam Moes. He is in Ohio? And my little boat is in Fort Collins? I could drive and pick her up if I knew where to drive to. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Babbling Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2012   #2

Pugetopolis, Washington
Paddling Since: 96
You don't know how to get to ft Collins? Or youre looking for someone to bring her to you? I'm confused. Did he tell you where you could pick it up? I don't know him,but have fiends who know him...
BarryDingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #3

St. George, Utah
Sam was going to have his wife ship the boat but she forgot. So Sam was going to try to have his wife ship the boat and then he was going to call with a tracking number. Sam is having trouble with his phone because he dropped it in the toilet so he is using calling cards. Sam has not called with a tracking number so I think maybe his wife forgot to ship the boat again. I have Sams toilet phone number but it's not working very well. Maybe Sam has a friend in Fort Collins who would ship or meet myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2012   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbling Brook View Post
Sam was going to have his wife ship the boat but she forgot. So Sam was going to try to have his wife ship the boat and then he was going to call with a tracking number. Sam is having trouble with his phone because he dropped it in the toilet so he is using calling cards. Sam has not called with a tracking number so I think maybe his wife forgot to ship the boat again. I have Sams toilet phone number but it's not working very well. Maybe Sam has a friend in Fort Collins who would ship or meet myself.
lotsa questions and red flags on this and i'm scared to ask but

is sam in ohio or foco? is the boat in ohio or foco? wheres sams wife? wtf?

did you meet these people before givin them money?

has the check cleared?

your makin this shit up, right?
Old 01-29-2012   #5

St. George, Utah
I responded to this 2009 Tributary 9.5' Self Bailing raft by email and did not receive a reply for two weeks. Then Sam calls me, wants to know if I still want the raft (hell yes I want the raft) so I arrange payment through Paypal and Sam says he will ship the raft once he receives the funds (With Paypal a person has a number of days within which they can open a dispute and get their money back if there should be a problem). Two weeks go by, no boat shows up, Sam is not returning calls, so my wife opens a dispute with Paypal. The very next day Sam leaves messages using a callling card saying he is sorry, he is in Ohio, his phone dropped in the toilet, his wife forgot to ship the raft, and that he will have her ship it that day and send a tracking #. I am excited to hear something, and believing that the raft will soon be shipped, and not wanting to cause waves for a fellow boater, and thinking that if I close the Paypal dispute I could simply open a second dispute if there was a problem, made the HUGE mistake of closing the Paypal dispute. Guess what? YOU CAN NOT OPEN A SECOND DISPUTE WITH PAYPAL. Guess who is not answering or returning my calls?
So now I just want to know if there was ever a boat and if so, if anyone can help me convince Sam to ship it or let someone or myself pick it up from his place in FoCo. Thanks for you time and help, Brook.
Old 01-29-2012   #6

Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
This really sounds like a "chalk one up" as a lesson learned by your description. NO ONE who boats would act like this with/to a fellow boater.
gannon_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #7

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: Noob
Wow.

I hate to say, but it sounds like you have been scammed. And you do not want to believe it.

Only do craigslist deals for cash, in person, in public.
breckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #8

St. George, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by gannon_w View Post
NO ONE who boats would act like this with/to a fellow boater.
gannon, I couldn't agree more! Like an unwritten "Code of the River". Why would anyone risk calling down the wrath of the river gods?
Old 01-29-2012   #9

St. George, Utah
A line from Our Idiot Brother:"I won't receive that with anything but love." breckster you are 100% correct, but the fool in me is still holding out hope that there really is a raft and that somehow with the help of someone or something she will make it to her home. (The story of the little Trib is going to make a great Disney movie. All we need is a catchy title.)
Old 01-29-2012   #10

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: Noob
Also, if you payed by paypal, and it is attached to a credit card, see if you can charge back the card.

And, if you want to bug a real person @ paypal:

All The Secret Paypal/Ebay Email Addresses And Phone Numbers You Could Ever Want - The Consumerist
breckster is offline   Reply With Quote