Mountain Buzz banner

flood stage rouge

3K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  brandob9 
#1 ·
anybody run this beast super high. im headed to oregon tomorrow. we were going to run the illy but it looks to be to high and rising so we are pretty sure we're bailing on it. we want to run the rouge but it is supposed to come up huge in the next few days. just want to make sure it isnt a death trip or anything. i assume its just pushy and flushed out with some weird hydraulics. standard flood stage shit. i have heard raine is washed above 10k. ??? we are "comfortable" with big, floody, pushy water but want to know someone has done it and lived to tell. having a hard time drumming up beta at over 10k. we may just go run the scenic section of the deschutes if we cant find beta if the rouge is "safe" super high. anybody run the deschutes scenic section? hows the quality?

#4 ·
The gauge at Agness is calling for 29K wile we are on the trip. Anyone have experience with it at this level? Are the campgrounds with bear fences underwater? The gauge at Grants Pass is calling for 15K while we are on the water. Done Westy at 17000 before, MF Salmon at 7+ feet, Cataract at 78K (big boat). Any new hazards develop on the Rogue? We are a three raft group. I have been down the Rogue 4 times, but always on cancellations in the summer with flows around 3K so recognizing some of the camps will be different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.