First "backwards female" Descent of...... - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-26-2007   #1

First "backwards female" Descent of......

First "backwards female" Descent of the Devils Punchbowls!!

Click this -> The Colorado Kayak Chronicle

FBFD, Puchbowls photos, and some other cool CO waterfalls. Pics, story beta, fun. Check it.

Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2007   #2

Durango, CO
Paddling Since: 1990
Nicole's 1st is way more stylie than mine.That's a awesome boof move.I had the (unintentional) 1st backward d on the 20 ft falls on S. Mineral some years ago. It's on video somewhere (my shining moment...haha). I went up for another run two weeks later and promptly pitoned, knocking &%^*#$ out of myself, 6 inches left of where I landed it backwards. That was a reality check. I feel fortunate to still be walking.
d.e. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.e. View Post
I feel fortunate to still be walking.
Glad you are ok- If that video is online, let us know. Good entertainment watching reverse waterfall descents (provideing the paddler is ok). Watch for the video of Nicoles descent coming soon... It's pretty hilarious and also amazingly clean. I'll post on this thread when I get it online. Paul breaks his paddle on the video as well (bottom drop) so viewers will get to see that as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2007   #4

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meng View Post
Paul breaks his paddle on the video as well (bottom drop) so viewers will get to see that as well.
Yeah Nicole styled it backwards way better than I did forwards, missed my boof and fell off it sideways...good times.
PaulGamache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007   #5

The video is up! Thanks to Lawrence Simpson for editing and posting this!

See it here -> The Colorado Kayak Chronicle