FIBArk June 12-15 2014 (Annual Thread) - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-17-2014   #1

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1949
FIBArk June 12-15 2014 (Annual Thread)

Hello Buzzards! FIBArk- Americas Oldest and Boldest Whitewater Festival is quickly approaching. Once again this year FIBArk is made possible by the wonderful Eddyline Brewing and over 20 more amazing event sponsors.

We know most of you know what FIBArk is. If you don't..our new website FIBArk — America's Oldest & Boldest Whitewater Festival does a great job explaining everything you need to know for this year, we can't wait to see you all in Salida this June!

Here are a couple highlights:

1. I think it's safe to say we will have plenty of water this year! Hopefully everyone is happy about that!

2. The core of FIBArk is still alive and well, and Registration is OPEN online for all events! Please check out our extensive schedule of river events and land races to register.

3. Our FREE music lineup is incredible this year. The Infamous Stringdusters, and the Grammy Award Winning Rebirth Brass Band are the highlights!

4. Camping at Salida East has been expanded, and additional porta toilets have been added at the camping site. Click here for info: Camping Information

If you have any questions please post below and I will be checking this thread bi-weekly to respond. Hopefully we will see all of you in Salida again June 12-15th!

PS- We appreciate feedback from the boating community. The FIBArk board of directors is made up of a passionate group of Volunteers and we do our best to embrace the natural growth/change the festival has experienced in it's 66 years. The core tradition of the Festival as America's Oldest Whitewater Festival remains very important to us. In the spirit of Mountain Buzz let's keep this thread clean and respectful of the people who bust their ass to make this festival happen each year. See you on the river!

FIBARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2014   #2

I was pretty critical of the scheduling issues from last year and I hope this year goes smoother. That said I still think it would be awesome to schedule the pro mens finals during the Hooligan race similar to how the juniors finals ran into it last year. That would be a great opportunity to showcase the best kayakers to a large crowd that will disperse after the Hooligan is over.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014   #3

Salida, Colorado
Hi Nathan- Thanks for the concern. Many on the FIBArk board agree with you that running pro freestyle during the hooligan would be great.

Unfortunately there are several factors beyond our control that prevent this. I don't think its necessary to elaborate.. but know this is something that we have tried to do, and will most likely continue to try to do in future years.

This year Pro Freestyle will start immediately following the last hooligan craft. We hope you stick around to watch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2014   #4

Technology Partner, Littleton, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to mvhyde
It would also be nice to see the results posted on the website (both from last year and this year). The results from last year were up and then disappeared. It was then that I noticed that my son (who actually won the 10 mile DR) was not even listed on the race.
Old 05-22-2014   #5

Salida, Colorado
Thanks for the Feedback. We have direct control of our website this year, and aim to have full results online each day. Hopefully this is much improved this year!

As for past results- let me see what I can do to try and start a section for this on the website. No promises it will be live before the festival, but I will start trying to assemble the data.

Thanks again for the input.
Old 05-28-2014   #6

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
I have a question: does Salida East have a boat ramp?
PattyNYCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #7

salida, Colorado
yes
psu96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014   #8

Salida, Colorado
Can you fix the link to the music lineup?
Old 06-09-2014   #9

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Pine Creek Race

The infamous Pine Creek Race sponsored by CKS is ON for the Pine Creek location! It's FIBArk's test of speed, whitewater skills and courage as competitors strive for the fastest line through this powerful and technical section of whitewater. Racing begins Thursday, June 12 at 9:30 am and will continue until noonish. The Ark is still super high, making for a spectacular race for competitors and spectators alike! Register online at www.fibark.net/registration.
k1wslalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014   #10

BV, CO
Paddling Since: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIBARK View Post
Hi Nathan- Thanks for the concern. Many on the FIBArk board agree with you that running pro freestyle during the hooligan would be great.

Unfortunately there are several factors beyond our control that prevent this. I don't think its necessary to elaborate.. but know this is something that we have tried to do, and will most likely continue to try to do in future years.

This year Pro Freestyle will start immediately following the last hooligan craft. We hope you stick around to watch!
Well, if that's the case maybe this year the announcer can promote the Freestyle finals during the Hooligan race rather than ignoring it and sending everyone on their way at the end of the race. So annoying in the past.
Phil U. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ark